Remote Control Pro - Wireless trackpad, keyboard & numpad
By Pavel Kanzelsberger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote Control Pro transforms your iPhone, iPod Touch or even your iPad into a wireless trackpad with real keyboard and numeric keypad for your Mac OS X computer. Very handy for remote controlling your MacMini multimedia center or any other Mac. Or did your bluetooth mouse or keyboard run out of power and you can't control your computer until the batteries are charged? You're covered.
In case you're not on your own network and you're using Internet Tethering through your iOS device, you will be able to connect also using Bluetooth, WiFi or USB cable.
* Use trackpad in both portrait and landscape orientations (keyboard is better in landscape)
* Use gestures as you would on a laptop trackpad including mouse movement, left/right button clicking, double-click, scrolling with two fingers and mouse dragging
* Includes real hardware keyboard with full layout and all key modifiers (Fn, Ctrl, Option and Command)
* For even faster navigation on your desktop, Remote Pro now features an application switcher, simply switch between applications without using trackpad...
* For conveniencie special numeric keypad is included as well
* Keys will repeat when hold as on physical keyboards
* Audio or vibration feedback for key press
* Connects using your WiFi connection (no cables required)
* Automatically discovering computers in your local WiFi network with no setup required
* Comes with connection manager in case you have more than 1 computer. You can even connect to computers outside your local network.
* Universal application, pay once and use on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad
* You don't need to turn on ScreenSharing as with other apps and risk somebody in your network will see your desktop
* All connections are safe and authenticated by you, so nobody else takeovers your computer
To connect to a Mac you need a free Connector (atleast version 2.2) app available at http://mediaware.sk/connector
Connector is a small application sitting in your menubar without any distractions. Connector supports OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite.
What's New in Version 1.3.3
* Added support for iPhone 6+
Works like it says does
I have no clue what the folks are doing wrong who are are writing negative reviews but this app always works for me on my MacBook Pro and does everything that the description promises it will. I discovered this app while working from home one day and my keyboard died on me. I found this solution and it was a total life saver and got me through the day.
Does not work
Has no Bluetooth option, even though the description claims it does. Does not work over wifi either. App doesn’t even have a settings screen. Complete non-working app. Should be removed from the App Store.
Still needs work
First impressions are not good for this app. Opening in landscape mode filled 2/3 with white screen with the app ignoring the Retina display on my iPad mini 4. Turning my iPad to portrait mode and reopening the app, everything looked better, after a few minutes of use the lost sync so the trackpad would no longer work. I would recommend waiting till this app matures a bit more.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 31, 2014
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 20.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pavel Kanzelsberger
- © 2013-2014 Mediaware, s.r.o.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.