The simplest Remote for VLC on iPhone & iPad.
VLC Mobile Remote lets you control VLC Media Player and allows you to browse, play your computer files & folders
Groping in the dark for keyboard shortcuts whilst watching a movies or racing to your computer in the middle of a steamy date just to change the music track? well, you don't have to do that anymore. VLC Mobile Remote gives you the convenience of controlling VLC Media Player from your iPhones and iPads. No more couch-to-computer workout. If you watch movies, tv shows, videos or listen music offline on your computers, VLC Mobile Remote gives you the awesome power to control VLC Media Player wherever you're seated, whether in the kitchen or in your backyard.
Just install the app, sit back, relax and remotely control VLC Player from the couch. Works well with VLC running on both Desktops & Laptops.
"This is the best remote app for VLC and can't even think about watching movies without it" - Vishal
"App does everything I need it to with a modern UI and nice features. Setup is very in depth and simple to understand" - Colby347
- With VLC Mobile Remote App, You don't need to install any software on your PC or Mac!
- A built in step by step tutorial called 'Setup Wizard' on the app makes it super easy for you to setup VLC Media Player in no time.
- 'Setup Wizard' in App automatically detects and connects to VLC Media Player
- Fast & responsive as home TV Remote
- Stop, Play and Pause
- Control volume, next track and previous track
- Seek control, fast forward and fast rewind
- Toggle full-screen, Repeat, Shuffle, Loop, Aspect Ratio
- DVD Controls
- Manage playlist of VLC Media Player
- Add subtitle files to currently playing video (supports .srt files only and requires VLC v2.2.0 or up).
- Save more than one favourite folders to easily access your Movies, TV series folders
- Save multiple VLC Media Players
- Search Browse & play lists
- Sort browse list
- Universal app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad
- Follows iOS's human interface design guidelines
- Swipe items to add/remove from playlist
- Pause/Play for incoming and out going calls (requires iOS 10+ )
In-App Purchase features
- Widget controls
- Browse and play YouTube videos
- Manage Subtitle, Audio Track
- Set a folder as 'Home location'
- Take Snapshot or Screenshot of the video frame
- Switch Audio output devices
- Manage playback speed, crop & Aspect ratio of video frame
All You Need
- VLC Media player on your Windows PC, OSX Mac or Linux PC
- VLC Media Player v2.0 or newer
- Common local network (LAN or WiFi) connection between your phone & desktop or laptop
Supported Operating Systems
- Works with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 & 10
- Also supports OSX 10.7 or above and Linux operating systems
Visit our website for more info - https://vlcmobileremote.com/
*Performance improvement & Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Scummy business practices
I had this app, and bought the premium features, and it was a decent, perfectly serviceable app. Then the developer added incredibly intrusive advertising in an update, with an additional in-app purchase required to disable them. Seriously, just imagine: it's a remote control, and periodically you will completely lose its functionality because it gets hijacked by a full-screen ad that has sound on by default. Is there ever a situation in which you'd be using a remote control app and suddenly having a loud, stupid ad play *wouldn't* be hella annoying? And does anyone really think it's okay to completely break an app for paying customers with this sort of nonsense?
Yeah, I guess I could pay the additional $2 to get rid of ads, but you know what? I'd rather give that money to a developer who hadn't already proven themself to be a swindler. Hobbyist Software has one that looks good.
Developer Response ,
Apologies for the inconvenience, please send us an email we'll share you a promo-code to remove ads.
In a campaign we gave away premium features for free to thousands of users, to monetise those users we added ads, before that very few people had bought the app, so we offered promo-code for them to remove ads. I think you might have missed the message in what's new section of the app about promo-code.
Anyway, apologies for once again, I hope you'll continue to use the app.
It's a literal pay to play.
Set up was well explained and easy. Once set up was complete I went to test it out and hit play. That’s when I discovered that you can’t test it. You have to buy to play even a single song. If the app has zero functionality without purchase then just ask me to purchase it upfront. Don’t make me waste my time getting it set up. Enable a 24 hour trial to explore the feature set up before purchase. I don’t expect people to give useful stuff away for free but it’s customary for software to have a trial and test period. Coming at me shady like that does not inspire confidence and I’m not buying it without being able to check the functionality. I don’t even know if it will play a song yet.
Developer Response ,
If you play a song on VLC manually, you can try/test/use all the free features. Also, if you buy the app and not satisfied with the paid features, you can contact Apple for refund.
Premium payment didn’t upgrade app
Update: I had to restore the app to gain access to the premium upgrade
I paid for premium but still only have basic version
Developer Response ,
Please go to purchase screen and press 'restore' button, it will enable paid version if had paid already.
Send us an email if you find it difficulties, I'll help you out
- Adarsh Urs
- 45.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Adarsh Urs
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Features Unlocker $1.99
- VLC M Remote Premium + No Ads $2.99
- Ad Remover $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.