By App Dynamic
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now with full Lion support, Remote HD is the most feature packed remote for your Mac/PC/AppleTV in the App Store.
Bring your computer to your iPhone (iPad or iPod Touch). Remote HD lets you view a live display of your Mac or PC, stream audio, take complete control of applications on your computer and more, all on your iPhone.
This VNC / Remote hybrid will allow you to fully control your Mac, PC and AppleTV from your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad over WiFi/3G/EDGE or GPRS.
"...you can control your media, your other applications and your computer all from your phone. Brilliant."
-- Christina Warren, TUAW.com
"...a great app for people that want a cross between a VNC app and a remote control, without having to buy both."
• Live audio steaming from your computer
• AirPlay support
• Retina optimized live display of your computer / AppleTV
• Apple Remote like multimedia remote
• Wireless Keyboard
• Multi-Touch Trackpad
• Wireless Mouse
• Gesture Pad (iOS 4.0+)
• Browse flash based content using your home computer
• Stream live audio from your computer
• Stream audio to an AirPlay enabled device
• Take control of your home theater
• An inexpensive way to add a wireless keyboard/mouse to your setup
• Access private data through a remote computer
• Email yourself a copy of an important document from your computer
• Use apps or games running on your remote computer
• Control your presentations without looking at the projector screen
• Monitor your computer while you are away
• Use your AppleTV like a computer to launch, switch apps...
• Easy Connect: automatically discover your computer (even over the Internet)
• Hardware Buttons: use the volume buttons on your device to control volume on your computer even when Remote HD is asleep
• Application Switcher: switch between running applications with a flick
• Application Launcher: launch any application in the Applications folder on a Mac/AppleTV or Start Menu of a PC
• Spotlight/Windows search: search and launch files on your computer
• Wake-On-Lan, Wake over WiFi and Wake-On-Wan (if supported by your router)
• Push Notifications: be notified if someone logs on to your machine while you were away
• Retina optimized live display with multiple monitor support and more...
• Install Remote Helper on your computer/AppleTV
• Start Remote HD on your device (iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad)
• Tap on a connection to connect
• Mac OS X Tiger/Leopard/Snow Leopard/Lion (Intel/PPC)
• Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 2008 Server (32/64-bit)
• Unlocked Apple TV (first or second generation)
• Remote Helper - free download: http://www.remotehd.com/
APPLICATION SUPPORT (Mac):
Front Row, iTunes, DVDPlayer, Quicktime, iPhoto, Finder, Preview, BOXEE, VLC, XBMC, Plex, EyeTV, SlingPlayer, Spotify, RealPlayer, Acrobat, Keynote, Powerpoint, Movist, Pandoras and all applications that support Keyboard Multimedia Keys.
APPLICATION SUPPORT (PC):
Windows Media Player, MCE, Media Player classic, ZoomPlayer, VLC, DivX Player, BS.Player, MediaPortal, BOXEE, XBMC, WinDVD, PowerDVD, WinTV, SlingPlayer, WinAmp, iTunes, Quicktime, Spotify, RealPlayer, Acrobat, Powerpoint, OpenOffice Impress and all applications that support Keyboard Multimedia Keys.
* Requires GPRS connectivity (or faster), world-wide availability varies. Remote Helper can automatically enable access over cellular networks (3G/EDGE/GPRS) if your computer is in a simple home network like environment and if your Internet router supports UPnP. Some situations may require manual configuration of your Internet router.
If you come across any bugs - we will fix it in the next update. Email us at: email@example.com
NOTE: AppleTV must be unlocked and configured to run Remote HD plugin:
What's New in Version 4.2.2
August 23, 2011:
Added full support for Lion in Remote Helper 4.2.11:
- Full wake on demand, including display
- Headless configuration
- Fixed zoom issues
- Other Lion related bug fixes
Second generation AppleTV now supported (requires unlock)
iPad RemoteView orientation bug fixed
Blank screen in 3G/EDGE/GPRS mode fixed
Added setting to turn off automatic saving of passwords
What's new in Version 4.2.1
Added setting to enable Retina optimized RemoteView
Audio streaming from computer to AirPlay enabled devices
Trackpad issues on Windows fixed
In-app settings crash fixed
Hardware buttons now control remote volume again
iOS 4.2.1 compatibility
What's new in Version 4.2.0
New Gesture Pad (iOS 4.0 or newer)
Retina display optimized graphics
Audio streaming in background
Remote control using Universal dock or headphone remote
Push Notifications when remote machine is turned on
Support for MiRow from Fire Core
iOS 4.2 compatibility
Don’t bother with remote view on your phone.
As far as I can tell, when in remote viewer mode, the only thing you can see is the upper left quadrant of the screen. It’s not possible to scroll the screen so that you can see running applications off the viewport. Other reviews have covered my major gripes with this app. Specifically, the lack of ability to effectively scroll. Tapping on the screen in remote viewer mode should move the mouse to the location tapped. However, the screen on my phone is little more than a backdrop. I can see the close/minimize/maximize buttons on the corner of the application I can see, but if I try to click them, the mouse jumps away. The mousepad function appears to be mapped to the whole screen. If I move the pointer to the lower right corner of my iPhone screen, the mouse cursor moves all the way to the lower right corner of my computer screen… Far off the screen on my phone.
I guess what I really want to say to the developer is that if you are going to have a remote screen capability, then you should have the whole screen represented in the app. If that’s not possible on the iPhone, (5S in my case) then that feature should be CLEARLY outlined with it’s limitations.
Was looking for an app to replace the one that came with my Apple TV because it was so small and constantly misplacing it. I found with the app it's much easier to navigate around the Apple TV, the BEST feature was the keyboard, it drove me crazy having to navigate to each letter and other symbols including spare bar to type entries in, now I simply type it in on the keyboard on my iPhone or iPad and things are so much faster and easier to navigate.
I had looked online for a replacement remote - even ones that were like the original that came with the unit itself just in case mine got lost or broken and found that buying those were twice as much or more than what the app cost. I do not normally write reviews but had to do so with this one. I give it a 10+ on a scale 1-10 and 10 being highest. Thank you to the developers of this app, it has made searching and navigating a breeze. I would happily have paid twice the amount now that I have used it, great job!!
app falls short, customer service is non-existent
I had no trouble installing and connecting my iPad to my iMac. Beyond that I find the app difficult to navigate effectively. For instance, there's a Remote Dock feature but when you tap any programs in your dock, they don't actually open. I could not find anywhere a user guide that explains what all of the preference settings do. You're left to assume what the settings do and more often than not the setting does not appear to make a difference. If I want to watch a movie that I have on my Mac from my iPad, I can do that… just as long as I don't want to hear it. Whether I use the volume slider in Remote HD or the volume buttons on my iPad the only thing that happens is it controls the volume on my Mac. That's great if you want to remote control your Mac at home, not so great if you want to hear something when you're out of the house. Oh, and forget trying to get customer service, I've emailed them three times with the same question over a two week period and I got zero response. Seems they're better at taking your money than helping you out. I would not recommend this app to a friend.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 09, 2010
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Dynamic
- © 2011 Remote HD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.