Remote Patrol HD
By Complete System Solutions, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
----> Works great with iOS 8 too
** IMPORTANT **
SecuritySpy 3.4 or later server software must be installed and running on a Macintosh prior to using the Remote Patrol package. SecuritySpy can be downloaded at:
Actual UK Customer Reviews:
A brilliant addition to SecuritySpy * * * * *
by Pete S UK - Version 1.1 - Apr 28, 2012
using both the iPhone and iPad versions. A brilliant power-up for SecuritySpy. Does what is says on the tin. A genius app!
Absolute must... * * * * *
by Matt C - Version 1.1 - Apr 26, 2012
...for any Security Spy user - worth every penny!
Remote Patrol is the iPad native version of this popular SecruitySpy iOS client. Features include:
- Unlimited servers
- Unlimited cameras per server
- Unlimited combinations of servers and cameras in a single view
- Pinch to adjust size of camera window
- Single TAP and HOLD with 1 figure move camera windows (move when they wiggle)
- Single TAP with 2 fingers to bring up the camera menu
- Double TAP with 2 fingers to toggle between window and full screen modes
- Personalize color schemes for each server and for the entire App
- Search and view SecuritySpy history (archived footage and images)
- Free form layout of camera windows or grid view
- Save views for quick access and switching between views
- Initial integration with Indigo 5.04 or greater to control lights and watch them at the same time
What's New in Version 1.2.1
Folder support for Indigo
Refresh button on main window screen
Bug Fixes and Optimizations
I’ve used SecuritySpy for several years now, and I’ve used Remote Patrol on my iPhone for 2 years or so. Both work swimmingly. We’ve been using the Remote Patrol iPhone app on our iPads as well, and it works without issue, but… it’s a bit small. So, I finally purchased this app, hoping to make full use of our iPads when keeping an eye on our cams. What a mistake.
This app crashes as soon as I’ve entered my server information, and fails to retain the settings upon relaunch. Same results with iPad Mini with iOS 8.1.2 and Original iPad running iOS 5.1.1. (Yes, I even broke out the old iPad 1) My SecuritySpy Server (a Mac Mini) is configured correctly, and works flawlessly with the iPhone version of Remote Patrol. My network is configured properly. It’s the app.
The sole purpose of this app being to interact with a SecuritySpy server... and it will not do so. Its failure is akin to a web browser that crashes immediately when a webpage is accessed: completely worthless.
Function over form
I have no qualms about the functionality of this App, save for one (read on). It connected to my security server here at the house in moments. What I find lacking is the interface design. Aesthetically, the first impression made me question my purchase. Logo 'design' and colors aside, the whole floating window thing makes little sense for a smaller system like mine (4 cameras). It's more of an annoyance than anything. I've been able to get a 'view' that works, so no big deal. The real issue I have is the lack of rotation. We have our iPad set up on one of the apple keyboard docks on the kitchen counter. Every other app we use here rotates. Adding this feature alone would bring this up to a 4 star review.
Awesome App and Support!
This app is awesome! The download was easy as was the set up! What's amazing is the ability to review captured videos from iPad. Remote Patrol is extremely flexible with how you want to view your cameras. It is very user friendly AND it's overall functionality and support (email response within 5 minutes of sending my support email). makes it a perfect match to Securityspy video security software. I am very grateful.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 08, 2013
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 5.5 MB
- Languages: English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Complete System Solutions, Inc.
- © Complete System Solutions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.