By Luis Artola
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch as a wireless keyboard and trackpad for your Raspberry Pi!
This universal application lets you send keystrokes and mouse events to you Raspberry Pi computers over TCP/IP via a wired or wireless network.
Remote Pi is ideal for making the best out of a Raspberry Pi in the living room, or office too. Use for:
- Text editing
- Controlling media players
- Do everything in your Raspberry Pi computer that you would normally do with a traditional keyboard and mouse/trackpad, even programming!
- Keep the two USB ports in your Raspberry Pi Model B free when using wired network.
- Keep one USB port free when using a WiFi USB dongle.
- Very inexpensive compared to wireless hardware keyboards and trackpad alternatives. Besides, it's good for the environment: reuse a wireless mobile device you already own instead of buying yet another hardware input gadget.
- If you develop applications and gadgets for your Raspberry Pi, you could use Remote Pi as a remote controller if you program your application to respond to regular keyboard and mouse events.
Three easy steps:
1. Download this application on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
2. Download and install a driver for your Raspberry Pi at http://remotepi.io
3. Run application and connect to your Raspberry Pi using its hostname or IP address. And, you're set!
More enhancements coming soon.
Visit http://remotepi.io for more information.
What's New in Version 1.0.26
Compatibility with iOS 8.
Nice little program
It works as stated. From my Ipad I can control the cursor on the screen and move it as I would a mouse. Double tap and you can open a program. Text window allows you to type any line text in terminal mode. So far I have only used it communicating through my internet router via wifi on Ipad. Really nice program.
Works great with my RaspPi. It allows me to plug in my Pi and start my server without the need of a keyboard. I don't even need a monitor since I can see what I'm typing in the app. To anyone having trouble, you may need a static ip.
The app has finally connected to my RPi (after a year of trying everything I can think of) but will not do anything with my RPi. Not sure I want to invest more time with this app.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 26, 2014
- Version: 1.0.26
- Size: 2.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Luis Artola
- © 2013 Luis Artola
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.