Remote Viewfinder For SH100
By Samsung Electronics CO.LTD.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Install Remote Viewfinder App to your iOS device, then experience new way of image capturing. Samsung SMART Camera SH100 can be controlled remotely on your iOS device
- SH100 Live View (Preview screen) can be wirelessly checked on iPhone screen with real time connection
- Provides control of Timer, Flash, Resolution and capturing of SH100 on iPhone
- When using this App (SH100 and iPhone are connected), images taken by iPhone will also be taken by SH100 and saved in the camera
- When saving the images, the camera will also store the information about location provided by iPhone's GPS on the pictures
- Provides remote controlling function for capturing and playback
- Possible to control zoom level wirelessly
- Captured images can also be copied to iPhone
- iOS version : iOS 4.3 or higher
- Supported devices : iPhone4, iPhone4s
What's New in Version 2.0.1
Works great if you follow a few steps listed here.
KEY POINT: When you run the camera in the Remote Viewer mode, it then turns on an Access Point (doesn't connect to your network, you have to connect to it).
Then using Settings Wifi on your iPhone iPad etc., connect to your camera WiFi access point.
Then run the App. The app will be connected through the WiFi, to the camera, and start the viewfinder functionality.
If you have a different Samsung Camera with Remote Viewfinder, use the similar application that has "SAMSUNG" at the bottom of the icon, this app doesn't work with the W150 for example.
I hope all the 1-star reviews are challenged by those who figure out how to connect this app to your camera. The 1-star reviews are patently unfair to Samsung. It's not the app, it's the instructions for running the app successfully that are at fault.
Hopefully you'll have good luck treating the camera as an Access Point, which is the design.
PS: THis allows you to take the remote viewer to a campsite with no other APs and get the remote viewer to work. It will no doubt work automatically if there are no other available WiFi Access Points, but if you're in an area with active APs, your iDevice will use them, and not the camera, and you'll never get anywhere until you connect to the right AP -- that is, the one offered by the Camera only when it's running in Remote Viewfinder mode.
Needs an update/bug fix.
It worked astonishingly the first time, but after that it quickly crashed and stuck to a static ip address refusing to connect to the camera once more.
Does not work
Enough said. App on iPhone and sh100 will not connect on my wifi home network. No clue why. App useless and deleted. Samsung tab 2 tablet and smart tv don't work either. Their marketing is all bs.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 22, 2012
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 1.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Samsung Electronics
- © 2011 SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO.LTD.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.