Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased movies and TV shows in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC, or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.1
Remote 4.2.1 includes a number of minor performance improvements and adds support for iOS 8.
I use this app all the time (have for years). Unfortunately it is unreliable. Since iOS 8 it has been very frustrating trying to connect it to my Apple TV. One day it's there, the next it's gone. Album art doesn't show at all anymore. Something is also wrong with iTunes 12 and the Apple TV3. It takes way too long to connect iTunes 12 on my computer to my AirPlay devices. It eventually connects but it takes about 20 seconds. Used to take about two seconds. My Apple TV3 needs to be restarted each time I want to connect to my iTunes library to play a movie or AirPlay a video from my iPhone or iPad. Just spins and spins until I restart. I am a huge Apple fan and love the way everything works together. Lately however, things haven't been working as they should. I, for one,would be in favor of slowing down the development cycle to ensure that released software is more polished. Nothing more frustrating than having expectations set high by Apple and then be disappointed with the reality. Happening too often lately. Good luck Apple. I hope you can make the necessary adjustments to improve what used to be my favorite part of your ecosystem...it just works.
Useful Yet Buggy
This app is very useful as a means to control what I play without it being necessary for me to be near the actual player. However, there are quite a few bugs, not all of them hinder the usage of the app like the one I'm experiencing.
This particular issue I'm having with the app right now is getting the titles to show up on currently playing music on the now playing screen. I've noticed that upon going to the play now screen, it simply shows the album artwork with the controls, the rating as well if I tap the screen. Yet, in the same area where the rating shows up, the title and other info is nowhere to be found. A blank space shows up after I tap again to hide the rating.
This issue is particularly a hindrance for me as when I'm listening to new music and I hear a song I really like, it's a hassle to go to the player to learn the title. In a way, it actually defeats the purpose of this app. The app would be a lot more useful if this was fixed.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 minus stars
Well there goes Christmas and the holiday movie.
Error message please check back later with iTunes, so much for trying to enjoy movies you cannot get to iTunes never connected, but wait it just did, but now remote is Not Seen on again my brand new iPad, so is apple the grinch this year, what happen apple wake up, I see I am not alone in these issues, so what do I do just forget the holidays, because app, fails, remote frozen, and iTunes and iPad does not find my Apple TV, bah humbug, why did so many doors failed? Now after opening my big mouth to share Christmas a family who has no funds to enjoy Christmas, Apple TV went home true lily crest fallen of a miss excitement to watch the movies they wanted to see on my home theater, what are going to tell those little heart broken darlings apple?
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 4.2.1
- Size: 25.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.