Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Remote is designed to be in perfect sync with iTunes. With just a few taps on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, you can play iTunes Radio from anywhere in your home. Choose playlists, songs, and albums as if you were in front of your computer or Apple TV. Or play them from iCloud with iTunes Match on Apple TV. Control your Apple TV with the flick of your finger or use the keyboard to quickly tap out a title instead of clicking letters on the Apple TV screen.
Control your iTunes Library
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes library from anywhere in your home
• Create and update iTunes playlists, including Genius playlists
• View album, movie, and TV show artwork
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Control shared libraries on iTunes and Apple TV
Control your Apple TV
• Use simple gestures to control Apple TV
• Enter text with the keyboard
• Browse, listen to, and control your iTunes Match library on Apple TV
• Browse your purchased movies and TV shows in the app and play them on Apple TV
Play iTunes Radio
• Play iTunes Radio on your Mac, PC, or Apple TV
• Browse and play Featured Stations and My Stations
• Create a station from a song or artist
Listen with AirPlay Speakers
• Control iTunes to send music to AirPlay speakers
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• Requires a device with iOS 7.1 or later
• Controlling iTunes Radio requires iTunes 11.1.3 or later or Apple TV Software 6.1 or later
• Requires a Wi-Fi connection to Apple TV or iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.2.2
This update includes minor stability and performance improvements.
Needs icon in lock screen
When I'm at home using my Apple TV I prefer to use my iPhone/ iPad as the remote since I can AirPlay most videos or use the application to open HBO/Netflix etc. However having to go to the the Remote application then open it is more cumbersome than sliding up from the lock screen in the lower left hand corner similar to handoff/suggested apps. Apple please implement this or make it available as an option. Home sharing ensures same network already prehandoff, Bt 4 is on most A TVs would make it using the Apple TV more seamless.
Finally decided to delete this from my phone.
While watching a playlist, I wanted to rewind. The app told me I needed to turn on home sharing (which is and always has been on). But no big deal as I didn't HAVE to rewind. Then once the playlist finished, I brought the app up again to start a new show. Went right past the home sharing part.. into it asking for which iTunes library. I chose mine (the only one available).. but that was then the point it decided to stop.
For something that is supposed to be for us lazy people.. working half the time is unacceptable. I'd rather just KNOW that I have to get up to start a different show than being surprised by it.
ITS ABOUT TIME!!! Why in the heck it took Apple almost an entire year to fix the movie and album artwork is beyond me but now that it's working like it should, I'm happy. It finally works like it should so I'll give it 5 stars again!! Thanks Apple!!! Even though Apple is slower than a snail traveling through peanut butter, they did get the issue fixed........a year later almost!!!!!!!!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 4.2.2
- Size: 25.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.