iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Simply download the app to your iPhone or iPad, and connect directly to iTunes on your Mac or PC. With iTunes Remote 4.4.1 you can:
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artist, albums, and songs
• Browse movies, TV shows, and Podcasts
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with Airplay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
• iTunes 12.7.5 or later is recommended for use with iTunes Remote.
iTunes Remote has been updated to add support for the new iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation) and iPad Pro 11-inch.
This update also includes:
- Improved network connectivity
- New shortcuts to play and shuffle playlists and albums
- Improved access to Now Playing and AirPlay
Ratings and Reviews
They’ve Broken It Again
This app used to be great, when it was first introduced and for years after, but more recently it has become ridiculously unreliable; sometimes an update will fix the bugs for a while, but then a new update comes along and brings them back. Apple has botched it again with the November 5, 2018 update – the app is now plagued by constant connectivity issues and other problems that make trying to use it utterly exasperating.
Experiences like this are one reason I’m seriously considering abandoning Apple altogether, after using their products since the late 1980s. The days when Apple software could be relied on to “just work” are a distant memory at this point.
Needs better AirPlay & HomePod control
This update says it improves access to AirPlay but I can’t use it to AirPlay the iTunes library on my Mac to HomePods.
Also, there is no AirPlay switcher available on the Now Playing screen when using Remote app with my Apple TV. I still have to navigate to that futzy switcher in the top left corner of the Apple TV’s touchy Now Playing screen.
Also also, why can’t I directly control my HomePods with this app? Seems like the perfect way to access my iCloud Music Library.
No longer works on iPad Pro (2017), iPhone 6
I have an iMac (2017) running iTunes 12.5 and an 10.5” iPad Pro (2017). The Remote app worked fine prior to this update. Now my iPad and iPhone are not available options in the list so I can’t play music from my iMac. I am using the latest iOS on each device and iTunes 12.5.0.x. I restarted, redownloaded the app, and signed out and back in to iCloud. No success. I’d give it no stars if I could.
- Apple Inc.
- 15.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Apple Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.