Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home. Use your iOS device to connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC as if you’re in front of your computer.
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artists, albums, and songs
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with AirPlay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.3
iTunes Remote has been updated for iOS 10. This update also includes a number of minor performance and stability improvements.
Could be better
This app was great when around wifi, however being a DJ that does a lot of routines on cruise ships and weddings, this app was pointless for me because it cannot work over my mobile hot spot like other remote apps. It would help greatly for me to be on the dance floor and be able to shift music during games and ice breakers using my iphone and being able to shift through my set playlists while being able to see how much time is remaining on songs as i shift through routines. Please adapt to be able to function with my mobile hot spot connected to my laptop and phone.
In case this app isn't being completely left to die, please plesae PLEASE add airplay control (with volume controls!!!) for the Apple TV. Not sure why it wasn't there from day one. We can switch Airplay sources for iTunes playback but not when controlling playback through the Apple TV. Why not?
Apple is really missing an opportunity with Apple TV and this app - it could be a true digital hub with just a little attention.
I hope this app will continue to be developed with Apple TV support because the Apple TV Remote app is terrible - you can't even control music playback without switching on your television!
Will disconnect when turning iPhone screen off
What a pile, got it all connected works fine. Watching a show, I turn off the screen on my iPhone so to save battery you know like everyone else. Then I turn on screen back on to change to the next show and low and behold its disconnected after just touching the power button. Not shutting my phone down just turning off the screen like normal and it disconnects. I have to go through the whole setup process all over again to connect it. I don't get it, I never seen an update for this app so consider it abandonware.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 41.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: ITUNES
- © 2016 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.