Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iTunes Remote is the best way to control iTunes from anywhere in your home.
Use your iOS device to connect to iTunes on your Mac or PC as if you’re in front of your computer.
Access your iTunes library
• Browse music by artists, albums, and songs
• Create and edit playlists
• See upcoming songs with Up Next
• Search your entire iTunes library
• Explore shared iTunes libraries
Listen with AirPlay
• Send music to AirPlay speakers
• Group speakers together to play music in multiple rooms at the same time
• Set the volume on each speaker independently
• iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
• Wi-Fi connection to iTunes on a Mac or PC
What's New in Version 4.3.1
This update adds support for Two-Factor Authentication when signing in for Home Sharing.
5-stars when it works, 0-stars all other times
It seems every time there's an update, this app has a new set of chaotic issues requiring me to continuously restart my system, reconfigure sharing or just swear softly under my breath. I've been grateful over the past few months, though, because for the first time ever, the Remote app has worked nearly flawlessly. With the most recent update however, all my AirPlay speakers drop and then fail to be recognized--not in iTunes, only in this app. Rebooting the app doesn't work, nor does rebooting devices. I have to either play music directly via iTunes or reboot my Mac to get the Remote app to once again play nice. Please, please, Apple...can't you QA multiple use cases before botching things up by tossing out a new release? We're all depending on the integration of our iOS and Mac stuff.
Broken after update
Don't update to the latest! Another user who has lost the ability to use the app. It has a tendency to lose its ability to respond to presses or control iTunes after the last update. I've been using this app since it first launched, and usually it does a decent job. My biggest complaint is that the nav bar at the bottom tends to disappear. But now the app basically stopped working, and there's no way to roll back to the prior version.
Was good, latest version broken
As others have mentioned, the new version released around 20-Feb-2017, broke the ability to click a song to play it. It works if iTunes is currently stopped (not playing any song) but once you start playing a song, you can no longer just choose another song to play. Volume, pause, play, and skip functions work.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 23, 2017
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 38.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2017 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.