RemoteFlight MAP HD
By Inputwish s.r.o.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
RemoteFlight MAP has arrived to iPad in HD resolution. An an ideal companion for long haul flights in Flight Simulator (FSX/FS9/P3D or XPlane), or a handy tool for you sim VFR flights. Zoomable vector or photo map moves with the aircraft and key flight variables are displayed on side-panel. You can choose from different types of maps, aircraft icons and units of measurement. Now you can sit back and relax, or chat with a stewardess, while still fully aware of the situation in cokpit. Map and aircraft movements are now smooth and animated. Even aircraft strobe lights are flashing, all for your flight-simming pleasure.
Please note, that this app is intended for Flight Simulator enthusiasts and cannot be used to track real flights.
• Fast updates of key flight variables (interval is configurable)
• Indicated Airspeed and Groundspeed, Altitude, Magnetic heading and real track heading (based on GPS), Simple Vertical speed indicator
• Fullscreen map mode with minimized panel
• Map tiles from Apple (3 types), Google (4 types) and OpenStreet
• Configurable aircraft icon - airliner, general aviation, helicopter or a simple arrow
• Configurable units - feet/knots or metres/kph
• Photo / aerial map is now default
• Super-easy import of FS9 and FSX native flight plans via a shared folder set up in RemoteFlight server (This is feature isn't available for X-Plane)
• Display your flight plan path along with key waypoint data
• Display of the next waypoint identification, magnetic track to waypoint, distance and time to go, all based on current position
RemoteFlight Server utility is required to establish the connection between Flight Simulator and your device. RemoteFlight server is very lightweight and will not affect the performance of your Flight Simulator/X-Plane. Download the server free on https://www.remoteflight.net/server
Get free RemoteFlight LITE app for iPhone and iPad and test the configuration without any risk.
What's New in Version 1.6
- returning Google map tiles to the app
- for Google tiles there is now a option to select map direction to either north or plane
(Crashes all time with google maps!!!)
Awesome app I suggest everybody who use FS.
I have a suggestion anyway that an option that makes possible to export actual area from the app to google maps or apple maps itself to view it on them. Exporting google earth would be wonderful by the way.
Another thing is it crashes with google maps if you change zoom rate before map is completely loaded.
RemoteFlight Server didn't work...
I bought RemoteFlight Cockpit, RemoteFlight Map HD, and RemoteFlight Radio HD. I had a problem getting the apps to connect to the RemoteFlight server on my PC. Vlada, the developer, responded to my requests for help and we got it all working. The apps are very well done and make FSX and Prepar3D even more enjoyable. Great apps and great support!
Hidden costs - be careful - more expensive than described
I bought this app and downloaded the server for it. Only then did I find out I would have to spend another $40 to get a third party driver for the server. I elected to go another route!