Remoteless for Spotify (a Spotify Remote Control)
By anders o
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
For iOS7, iOS6, iOS5 and iOS4.3
"My new favourite app http://remoteless.no - control Spotify from your phone like Sonos #tidy" -mrkdggns on twitter (October 2013)
"Spotify remoteless is the worlds greatest invention!" -JosephRS on twitter (august 2011)
"Lovely when something works, iPhone remote control app for mac playing @spotify with @remotelessapp" -raskidaski on twitter
"I give Remoteless for Spotify a rating of 10 out 10 stars" -LarryABall on twitter (July 2013)
Control Spotify from your couch or any room in the house by
turning your iPhone (iPad or iPod Touch) into a remote control for Spotify.
Great for parties, lazy days or if you have a media center tucked away in a closet.
Control any Mac (OS 10.6 or newer) or Windows PC on the same wifi as your iPhone.
It's NOT possible to remote control other iOS devices, and Remoteless will not play any audio.
Each computer needs to have a HELPER installed. The Remoteless HELPER can be downloaded from www.remoteless.no.
Fully functional as a remote for Spotify Free users, but now with tons of extra features for Spotify Premium users.
Some of the things you can do with Remoteless in addition to the normal stuff like start, stop, volume, next, shuffle etc. is:
* Store favorite artists, albums and tracks.
* Start a radio station from any playlist, artist, album, or track.
* Queue any track, or queue all tracks from a playlist or album.
* Search the Spotify library
* Share what you are listening to through twitter, facebook, sms or e-mail.
Spotify Premium users can also:
* Browse and start playlists (no longer fully working for Spotify free users).
* Edit playlists.
* Browse starred tracks.
* Star and unstar tracks.
* Show coverart in lists while browsing.
Remoteless only works if you have Spotify installed on a computer. Spotify can be downloaded from www.spotify.com and is only available in some regions.
Existing users are required to update their helpers to version 2.1.1 or newer.
REMOTELESS is not affiliated with Spotify and SPOTIFY is the registered trademark of Spotify Group.
What's New in Version 2.2.2
* queue on tap
* add track to playlist
* most common crashers
* better connection
Soon to be released Helper update will fix other bugs.
* Full iOS7 redesign!
Remoteless 2.0.1 - 2.1.1
* Airfoil integration! Control airfoil directly from Remoteless
* No longer an about page on startup.
* Related artists and top tracks!
* Radio, queue-adding, better connection, fixed many crashers! We are doing this until the app is really stable!
Remoteless 2.0 is finally here!
* 100% rewritten from top to bottom.
* 100% new super nice user interface.
* Coverart, volume, play/pause and next is now always available on screen.
Spotify Premium users can now:
* Make, edit, reorder, rename and delete playlists.
* Browse and play starred tracks.
* View cover art in lists while browsing.
Works perfectly for me!
I haven't experienced any of the problems the other reviewers are mentioning. Works instantly and smoothly on my iPhone 4S, iPad 2, and MacBook Pro. As soon as I installed the helper on my mac the app instantly saw it and connected. I can play my playlists and starred tracks, search for music, and adjust the volume. This has definitely been fun when I have friends over and I play a song from the other room that they were talking about. I felt compelled to write something when I saw the low rating.
Frustrating but it works.
I had some trouble trying to figure out how to get the application to connect but finally I did. The app is not entirely developed yet. For instance, the track covers are not displayed and you wouldn't be able to see how far into each song you are. The app has trouble recognizing when you would like to listen to a different playlist or radio station so it ends up being quite a pain. Over all, the app does work and will play your music.
Works As Advertised
Not sure what warrants all these complaints but I've had no issues with this app. I ran the helper dmg on a iMac 27 slim model, it installed easy and fast and even ran an update. Next I purchased the app and it found my iMac within seconds. I signed into my premium account and...Magic! Love it!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 21, 2014
- Version: 2.2.2
- Size: 4.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: anders oredsson
- © Anders Oredsson
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.