A SIMPLE & SECURE PEER TO PEER REMOTE FILE BROWSING APP
Connect directly to your home or work Mac from anywhere and browse all of your files. Remotely creates a secure, encrypted point-to-point connection with your Mac no matter what type of network it’s on. No port forwarding or configuration required. Never be without that important file– just connect to your Mac; browse (or search) for the file you want; view, share, or even download it.
HOW THIS FREE APP WORKS
Remotely is limited to browsing your Documents folder. If you decide Remotely is super useful then it’s a small monthly payment to unlock browsing everything. In addition to browsing your Mac, you can also connect to and browse your Dropbox account.
Remotely uses iCloud to facilitate a direct connection to your Mac. Remotely does NOT send your files through iCloud - files are sent directly between your phone and Mac.
• Hassle-free configuration. Install the helper on your Mac, open Remotely for iOS and bam, your Mac is there. No ports to forward or firewall exceptions to configure. I won’t say it’s magic but it’s magic.
• Browse folders & volumes as if you were sitting in front of your computer. Documents, Downloads, Desktop, Music, Photos, Devices… it’s all there.
• View all types of files. Office, iWork, PDF, crazy video formats like mkv or whatever. There’s a full list on the website.
• Download files for offline viewing. In case your Mac isn’t available, or you’re in a tunnel or on an airplane or in the desert and you need that super important document.
• Email your files as binary attachments, or share them however you like using the native iOS share pop up thingy.
• Crazy secure. Your device is connected directly to your Mac over an encrypted connection. Your files are not traveling through someone else’s server, ever.
• Full Spotlight search with file type filtering. Again, just like you are sitting in front of your Mac.
• A Mac running OS X 10.10 and newer. Remotely only connects to Macs.
• The Remotely Helper for OS X which is available for free via http://remotelyhelper.com
• iCloud with Drive enabled. Remotely uses your iCloud account to make sure the Mac is yours. Note that the files don’t actually move through iCloud, this is just to do the connection magic we were talking about before. See our support page for more information.
We offer monthly and yearly subscriptions as in-app purchases for Remotely which allow you to access 100% of your files on your computer. Without a subscription, you are still able to access your entire Documents folder. The amount will be charged to your iTunes account and will vary by plan and country. In the US, the monthly subscription is $2.99 and yearly subscription is $29.99. You’ll see the total price in your local currency before completing payment.
Remotely subscriptions renew monthly or yearly depending on your plan. To avoid renewal, you must turn off auto-renew at least 24 hours before your subscription ends. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
TERMS OF SERVICE
Our terms of service are available here: http://getremotely.com/tos.html
NOTE: this release requires a new version of our Helper app. Please visit remotelyhelper.com to download it.
Say hello to a new and improved Remotely! While it may not look all that different, there are lots of changes under the hood.
The changes are also setting the stage for all the multi-platform work that we are putting in right now (stay tuned for Windows and Linux versions!).
Major improvements include:
* Massive connection speed increases
* Dramatically improved connection reliability
* Quicker helper presence notifications
* More reliable file preview and download
* Widespread stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
If you keep everything in the cloud (and have the budget to pay for it) then this app might not be all that useful to you. However, if you want access to everything on your computer, and want to do so with the organization you have set up in your directory then this is a very useful app. You can identify folders, whether at the top of a directory (say personal) but also folders way down in whatever hierchary (so, within Personal, then within Home, and with Repairs, a folder of a contractor and the records related thereto). So, for me, this is exactly what I need so that I can use my iPhone or my iPad Pro without bringing along my Macbook and yet see everything I want, organized the way I want it, and get it. It works very well.
This app was super easy and quick to set up and is really intuitive. Within a minute of downloading the app, I was able to download documents from my computer, open them, and/or send them. The remotely helper is extremely easy to install on your computer. This app works so quickly and will definitely be one that I use regularly. I think it is worth it to pay for the monthly subscription so you can browse all files on your computer rather than just your documents folder. This is the best remote file access utility I've come across so far. 👍🏻
This is a 5/5
This app is amazing. I don't understand how it's flying so under the radar. I can access my entire computer, my external hard drives, and Dropbox all under one roof. Remote desktop and cloud access in one. Im worried this is too good to be true, but deserves a 5 for sure.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your support! Tell your friends 🤗
- Graceful Construction, LLC
- 63.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, Graceful Made, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remotely Pro $2.99
- Remotely Pro $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.