Remoter VNC - Remote Desktop
By Remoter Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
● ● We heard you! We're working on improvements to the design of the app http://on.fb.me/15eGSnC ● ●
● ● The only Remote Desktop client you'll ever need! ● ●
●NOTE● This is not a Lite version, it's FULLY working for just $3.99 (Normal Price) (Only extras beyond VNC: like RDP, SSH and Telnet are in-app purchases)
● If you're looking for an all-inclusive version without in-app purchases, please go to Remoter Pro (See icon link to the left) Remoter Pro doesn't replace Remoter VNC: http://fb.me/1GJZ7D5nC ●
●●●●● LifeHacker.com ●●●●● says: "Remoter, (...) is currently on sale and is a pretty feature rich VNC app. (...) Setting things up is as simple as entering your VNC information and pressing connect. Remoter gives you just about every option you'd need in a VNC client"
●●●●● "A great multipurpose tool for managing your machines. I can't even count the number of times this little app has saved the day when I'm stuck in a meeting and can't get to a terminal to check on things. Nothing else on the App Store that I tried even came close -- this app does everything and it does it all better than the competition" JG401 v3.8.6 Dec 2012 USA
●●●●● "There are a lot of other VNC apps that cost a LOT more than this app, and (IMHO) they aren't as good. I use it to connect to Linux and Windows computers on my network. It has never crashed and has a low memory footprint. I recommend this app to anyone looking for an easy, good, and affordable VNC client." binaryloop v3.8.6 Mar 2013 USA
●●●●● "Use it all the time from my iPad to control all my macs, ESP the entertainment center. Also use the Mac version, as 2 of my Mac minis are now headless. When I want something on the entertainment center iMac, the first thing I pick up is the iPad and the remoter app" Bruce Funk, v3.8.6, May 2013 USA
●●●●● "Best VNC I've tried: Best UI, support for WOL. At this price, a give-away. Very rarely crashes, seems pretty stable. Speed over 3G acceptable" frog_fiddler v3.8.6 Mar 2013 UK
●●●●● "Fantastic, it just works Reproduces full mouse functionality on a touch screen 1/8 the price of my previous client and 10 times the functionality If you want a VNC client you will be delighted with this product" Polypsychic v3.8.6 Feb 2013 UK
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Remoter is intuitive and very easy to use! Support is available at http://remoterlabs.com
● Better iOS6 External Keyboard support!: All keys, keyboard repeat, etc.
● Compatible with Mac Screen Sharing, UltraVNC for Windows, VNC on Linux
● iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Buy once, run on all your devices! iOS 5.0 and up!
● Support for sound/music redirection from your Mac and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion add-on
● Support for RDP (even Windows 8) (and NLA), SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels via In-App purchases
● Advanced URL invocation system (see http://goo.gl/QvJZ1)
● Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, dragging and scrolling! Four trackpad modes (New: thumb friendly trackpad)
● SSH public-key authentication with SSH Key manager (import, generate, email, copy to clipboard your SSH keys)
● Support for recording and running Macros!
● UltraVNC MS Login Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
● Wake-on-Lan Support
● Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
● Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
● Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
● Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
● Fullscreen mode
● Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
● Backup and Restore your sessions to/from Dropbox with the CloudSync Manager!
What's New in Version 4.5.04
Fixed coloring/layout issues
Awesome product, price misleading
The low price is what drew me to this app; I saw it could do SSH as well, and since my computer's VNC server needs to be tunneled through SSH, this was a plus. Upon purchasing, I found an additional $2 (technically $1.99, but that basically means $2) payment was required for SSH support! This angered me, but as this was still cheaper than most of the other apps, I complied. I was pleasantly surprised at how usable and FAST the connection was, at very minimal JPEG quality loss. The control setup is surprisingly intuitive; I found it not at all cumbersome. I did not purchase all the functionality, but together it would have added up to around $8, so if you are thinking of getting this because there are so many features for so little, think twice. Initially, VNC is the only thing available, and you need to pay for SSH tunneling if you want a secure connection. Just let the buyer beware. Overall, I found this program to be remarkably stable and we'll-designed. It doesn't try to hide options or sugar-coat things; it is a robust piece of work. I highly recommend it.
I saw some complain of problems with remote monitors; granted, I have only VNC'd into Linux machines with the Gnome 2 and MATE desktops so far, I have encountered no such problems. Overall, excellent for my purposes.
Good app but not great with dual-monitor support
I've used this app for a long time and it had been working very well in all situations, until I started a dual monitor setup. The screens simply reversed (left to the right, right to the left) in their position except the mouse. So it was impossible to control anything. That made the app almost useless. The developer asks you to run a separate program on your Mac in the background in order for the Remoter VNC to display dual monitor properly. I, however, just don't feel that's the ideal solution. What happened if you don't have physical access to the remote computer that has VNC setup already? It's just not very convenient... I deleted.
Best option out there
A great multipurpose tool for managing your machines. I can't even count the number of times this little app has saved the day when I'm stuck in a meeting and can't get to a terminal to check on things. Nothing else on the App Store that I tried even came close -- this app does everything I need it to do and it does it all better than the competition.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 06, 2013
- Version: 4.5.04
- Size: 22.9 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Remoter Labs LLC
- © 2013 RemoterLabs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remoter Complete$7.99
- SSH Secure Shell Add On$1.99
- RDP Add On$3.99
- RemoterFusion Add On$2.99
- Telnet Shell Add On$1.99
- Enhanced Grid Server Selector$0.99
- Password Manager$0.99