● ● Optimized for iOS 11 ● ●
● ● The only Remote Desktop client you'll ever need! ● ●
●NOTE● This is not a Lite version, it's FULLY working for just $3.99 (Regular Price) (Only extras beyond VNC: like RDP, SSH and Telnet are in-app purchases)
● If you're looking for an all-inclusive version without in-app purchases, please go to Remoter Pro (See icon link to the left) Remoter Pro doesn't replace Remoter VNC: http://fb.me/1GJZ7D5nC ●
●●●●● LifeHacker.com ●●●●● says: "Remoter, (...) is currently on sale and is a pretty feature rich VNC app. (...) Setting things up is as simple as entering your VNC information and pressing connect. Remoter gives you just about every option you'd need in a VNC client"
●●●●● "A great multipurpose tool for managing your machines. I can't even count the number of times this little app has saved the day when I'm stuck in a meeting and can't get to a terminal to check on things. Nothing else on the App Store that I tried even came close -- this app does everything and it does it all better than the competition" JG401 v3.8.6 Dec 2012 USA
●●●●● "There are a lot of other VNC apps that cost a LOT more than this app, and (IMHO) they aren't as good. I use it to connect to Linux and Windows computers on my network. It has never crashed and has a low memory footprint. I recommend this app to anyone looking for an easy, good, and affordable VNC client." binaryloop v3.8.6 Mar 2013 USA
●●●●● "Use it all the time from my iPad to control all my macs, ESP the entertainment center. Also use the Mac version, as 2 of my Mac minis are now headless. When I want something on the entertainment center iMac, the first thing I pick up is the iPad and the remoter app" Bruce Funk, v3.8.6, May 2013 USA
●●●●● "Best VNC I've tried: Best UI, support for WOL. At this price, a give-away. Very rarely crashes, seems pretty stable. Speed over 3G acceptable" frog_fiddler v3.8.6 Mar 2013 UK
●●●●● "Fantastic, it just works Reproduces full mouse functionality on a touch screen 1/8 the price of my previous client and 10 times the functionality If you want a VNC client you will be delighted with this product" Polypsychic v3.8.6 Feb 2013 UK
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
Remoter is intuitive and very easy to use! Support is available at http://remoterlabs.com
● External Keyboard support
● Compatible with Mac Screen Sharing, UltraVNC for Windows, VNC on Linux
● iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Buy once, run on all your devices! iOS 9.3 and up!
● Support for sound/music redirection from your Mac and easy setup without port-forwarding / dynamic DNS with RemoterFusion add-on
● Support for RDP (including Windows 10!) (and secure NLA), SSH and Telnet, VNC over SSH, RDP over SSH, and arbitrary SSH port tunnels via In-App purchases
● Advanced URL invocation system (see http://goo.gl/QvJZ1)
● Virtual TrackPad allows for precise and intuitive control! right-click, dragging and scrolling! Four trackpad modes (New: thumb friendly trackpad)
● SSH public-key authentication with SSH Key manager (import, generate, email, copy to/from clipboard your SSH keys)
● Support for recording and running Macros!
● UltraVNC MS Login Support, Server-Side Scaling and Multiple Monitor support
● Wake-on-Lan Support
● Bonjour and NetBIOS computer discovery
● Supports BOTH Landscape and Portrait orientations
● Intuitive Pinch to Zoom and drag to scroll. Also presets: "Fit Height", "Fit Width" and "1:1"
● Special Keys: Including: Esc, Tab, Alt, Up, Down, Right, Left, PageUp, PageDown, F1..F12, Control-Alt-Delete, Command, Windows-key, etc
● Fullscreen mode
● Clipboard synchronization (Paste is universal, but copy requires server support)
● Backup and Restore your sessions to/from Dropbox with the CloudSync Manager!
- Improvements, bug fixes.
- Improved Danish keyboard input (thanks to Johannes Djernæs)
Ratings and Reviews
As per my original review, this app was GREAT! Today, not so much. I haven’t used it in some time, but just tried to remote in to my iMac upstairs. It failed. Since I recently replaced my routers and updated my fixed ip addresses, I thought maybe that was an issue. It wasn’t, or shouldn’t have been (using Bonjour addressing, which was unchanged). So I decided to try editing the password, even though that had not changed. I can’t. The keyboard won’t stay on the screen. I tried re-adding the server (Remoter sees everything on my network just fine), but again.... the keyboard is borked. I had to resort to my MacBook Air to remote in and do a quick task. So the problem here obviously is Remoter.
Once you get used to it, Remoter works outstandingly well with OS X's built-in VNC server. It has different "modes" for the mouse cursor (move, drag, scroll, etc) and you can zoom in and out easily. I have found it works poorly with alternative VNC servers like RealVNC, but that may be more a problem with them, not Remoter.
Pretty good - add support for iPhoneX
Been using it for several years and works well in general. Worth buying the package of add ons. However is not yet updated for iPhoneX and the buttons on the top corners are hard to press because of that. Please release an upgrade!
Lost all addons
After using the Remoter for several years, suddenly it says you need to purchase addons to connect with ssh or vnc. It shows all my presets. I have not changed my iPad lately. Are they trying to have me pay again? Edit: Now a couple of years later, after updating my iPad iOS I lost my presets and the app cannot connect either through ssh or vnc/ssh to any Mac.
- Remoter Labs LLC
- 87.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 RemoterLabs LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remoter Complete $3.99
- SSH Secure Shell Add On $0.99
- RDP Add On $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.