By Jason Pan
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Report Assistant is a great and versatile tool for any teacher. As important as your subject specific knowledge, the assistant will help you during one of the most arduous time of the year. By using your individual phrases within specific areas of the course, you will be able to generate individualized reports in no time.
The tab areas of the app allow you to create specific categories from which to report on. The more tabs and comments you enter, the greater the diversity of your subject reports. Spell checking will also remove any of those annoying errors that crop up from time to time.
Gone are the days where you had to type out reports one key press at a time. Once you have generated a report, the assistant can even read the report back to you! Simply copy the final report to the clipboard and paste into your designated reporting program.
If you have any questions, suggestions or problems please send an email to
Please note: Report Assistant currently only supports English.
What's New in Version 1.5
Thank you for all your reviews and feedback! Although we sometimes cannot reply to every single feature request, rest assured that each and every piece of feedback we receive is taken into account when we work on future updates!
It's been a little more than a year since Report Assistant was first released. There are now users from 26 countries; we thank you for these rankings!
- #1 Top Overall Education and #50 Top Overall in Australia
- #5 Top Overall Education in Canada
- #5 Top Overall Education in Netherlands
- #6 Top Overall Education in Germany
- #9 Top Overall Education in Japan
- #13 Top Overall Education in France
- #34 Top Overall Education in United States
Report Assistant version 1.5 is a minor update that adds some new features that have been requested, as well as addressing some issues in v1:
- Provides warning when student's name is not entered.
- Tabs are now movable!
- Ability to automatically "jump tabs". After selecting a comment, the app will now select the next available tab.
- Ability to select whether or not to capitalise sentences when inserting a comment.
- Button to quickly clear the report output, in preparation for the next student.
- Fixes to the app's handling of files and the user interface of the app (should be much more stable!)
There are still a few requests that have not been addressed in this update - we are already working on the next (major) update, which will include awesome new features to address these requests (and more!)
Again, thank you for your continued support in using Report Assistant - spread the word!