By Camouflaj LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
In “Episode 5: Terminus," the fifth and final episode of the thrilling République saga, battle lines are drawn. As Hope and the player bring the fight for freedom directly to the Overseer, they must choose their sides carefully, or risk becoming the injustice they’re trying to stop.
• Hostile Cameras: security cameras scattered through Episode 5 will scan Hope and alert guards to her presence, ratcheting up Republique’s tension and complexity
• Branching Paths: In a first for Republique, players may choose Hope’s path through Episode 5, or let her decide her fate--each path contains hours of unique gameplay
• A New Metamorphosis: revisit dramatically transformed areas from previous episodes, craft new tools to aid Hope’s escape, meet new enemies, and forge new alliances...
République returns with a vengeance in “God’s Acre,” the most thrilling episode yet!
• New Nemesis-Style Enemy (Mammoth)
• Five New Large, Open Environments
• Two New Interactive Puzzles
• Exciting New Characters Reveal The Deeper Mysteries Of Metamorphosis
• Two New Collectible Types (Encoded DNA, Live-Action Content)
• Video Documentary: Go behind-the-scenes at what it took to make Episode 4 a reality, a free download for Season Pass holders (Coming Soon!)
Developed over five years by industry veterans (Metal Gear Solid, Halo, F.E.A.R.), RÉPUBLIQUE is a thrilling and topical stealth-action game that explores the perils of government surveillance in the Internet Age.
• POLYGON - "A must-play experience in 2014."
• IGN - "Special, new, and necessary."
• TOUCH ARCADE (5/5) - "Shaping up to be a masterpiece."
• WINNER - “Excellence in Storytelling,” International Mobile Game Awards
• THE WASHINGTON POST - "Sets a new benchmark for mobile game quality."
You receive a call from Hope, a woman trapped inside a mysterious totalitarian state. By hacking into the nation's elaborate surveillance network and taking control, you guide Hope through a web of danger and deception across five thrilling episodes.
• One Touch stealth action gameplay
• Immersive puzzles and strategic choices
• Innovative, interactive developer commentary (in-app purchase)
• Fully translated in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian and Portuguese
• Incredible voiceover performances, starring:
o Rena Strober
o David Hayter (Metal Gear Solid)
o Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect, BioShock Infinite)
o Dwight Schultz (killer7, Star Trek)
o Khary Payton (Metal Gear Solid 4)
République’s critically acclaimed story continues with "Episode 2: Metamorphosis":
• Metamorphosis Library: A stunning new environment that pushes iOS to the limit
• Three Mind-Bending Puzzles: Featuring a collaboration with Kostya Stankevych, creator of Blueprint 3D
• 3D Map: One of the most requested features come to life, enabled for both EP1 and EP2
• ARC Prizrak: New guard type with protective armor and randomized patrols to keep you on your toes
• New OMNI Abilities: Unlock voyeuristic abilities allowing the visualization of Prizrak through walls and their patrol routes
• Improved Performance: Optimized performance gains from Unity 4.5 (most notable on iPhone 4, iPad mini and iPad 2)
• Video Documentary Part 3: A candid look at the development of Episode 2, a free download for Season Pass owners
République’s biggest and most story-driven episode yet, "Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes":
• Longest episode yet
• Stunning new environments
• Strategic new weapon (Sleepyheads)
• New Prizrak variations (VISR, Ambassadors)
• Innovative, multitier new puzzle (The Morning Bell)
• New OMNI Abilities : Delay guard patrols, visualize enemies on map
• Video documentary: A detailed look into the development of Episode 3, free for Season Pass holders (in-app purchase)
• Episode 2 required to purchase and play Episode 3
• Not optimized for iPhone 4
• Close all running apps to improve performance and stability
What's New in Version 5.03
BEWARE: Progress Disappears
Really enjoyed the first chapter, but when I upgraded to season pass, all my progress disappeared. I had read someone else review the same thing, but I have read stuff like this before but it does not usually happen to me. This time is different. To make matters worse, I had gone through chapter 1 in almost the whole entirety again, and next time I opened the game, everything was gone again. There is no option to save your game, and it supposedly does it automatically for you. But no progress, not even the game slot was saved. So I decided to just start chapter 2 without going through chapter 1 again, but nothing you've collected, nothing you have upgraded stays. It is basically like starting from scratch but from a harder chapter.
In addition, the additional chapters take another 6-7 gigs, and I had to delete almost every other app I had on this iPad to be able to download.
I am seriously considering asking for my money back unless the developers update this issue.
I actually downloaded this game when it came out and loved it but it took up way too much space and I deleted it. This time around it took days to get, I mean it would not download at all, not with Wi-Fi or without. I completely cleared my phone for this game and still. I managed to download it eventually and reading here it says the episodes are free now so I was excited to be able to continue the game. Turns out they're actually not free... I wouldn't mind paying either if it wasn't for the reviews. Things like the last 2 episodes were disappointing and that buying the pass rather than spending more on individual episodes caused the game to crash and become unplayable. And those people didn't get refunds nor did the game get fixed. I loved the first episode though, this game is pretty great, I just wish it was more accessible.
Updated for Episode 5. The "multiple storylines" was bull. The devs had an incredible start with Episodes 1-3 and obviously decided to turn their backs on the game and their community with a lousy final episode and incredibly disappointing ending.
From 5/5 to 1/5.
My first review is below. Now we wait months for Episode 4 and:
1) The voice acting in the first two three characters alone are completely superficial and don't bring the emotional connection they did before. What a let down.
2) The great disembodied voice and digital attitude of the "secret helper" has been replaced by a monotone voice with no expressions and speaks in heroic couplets??? Come on!
3) The "boss" in Chapter 4 manages to become an offensive stereotype in under 30 seconds.
It seems like the bar may have been set too high by Chapters 1-3 and maybe they lost some key writers or voice actors, but Chapter 4 is so far not even in the league of Chapters 1-3. It's too bad -- this could have been one of the best games of the decade.
(Original Review of Chapters 1-3):
This is an outstanding stealth game with the most compelling storyline I've ever seen in a mobile game! Outstanding work! (PS - Buy the season pass...the dev commentary is VERY worth it!)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 10, 2016
- Version: 5.03
- Size: 3.65 GB
- Language: English
- Seller: Camouflaj LLC
- © 2014 Camouflaj LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Season Pass [Episodes 2-5]$9.99
- Episode 2: MetamorphosisFree
- Episode 3: Ones & ZeroesFree
- Episode 2: Metamorphosis$2.99
- Episode 4: God's AcreFree
- Episode 5: TerminusFree
- Episode 3: Ones & Zeroes$2.99
- [Season Pass] Documentary Part 0Free
- [Season Pass] Documentary Part 1Free
- [Season Pass] Documentary Part 2Free