Audio Slice Machine
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.
The polyrhythm Arpeggiator redefines the art of creating new loops from the extracted slices.
Record live or import audio from clipboard or AudioShare to break it up into its rhythmic components.
Apply the intelligent slice parameter and Arpeggio randomizer for instant creation of the unheard.
“Always creative - always cutting edge.
The team at VirSyn has a steady stream of cool apps that they release. They are always pushing iOS music creation possibilities to new and interesting territory!
It's a really fun to be able to quickly slice up sound and shift the slices around like this. I love the randomization features as well. With the touch of the dice one can create really surprising and interesting sonic experiences. Jordan Rudess Wizdom Music/Dream Theater”
• Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
• Edit slice positions.
• Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
• Play slices on screen or via MIDI
• Three choke groups available to cut sample play
• Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare
• Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime
• Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
• Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
• Lowpass / Highpass / Bandpass parametric equalizer
• 8 pole analog Phaser
• Four line chorus
• Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Trigger slices using 4 arpeggio parts with different settings
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• AUv3 AudioUnit
• Inter App Audio
• Audiobus 3 support with state saving.
• Play slices live with the onscreen keyboard.
• Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
• Audio recorder with share function.
• Share user presets.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
• MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
• Ableton Link compatible.
- AudioUnit: crash on resize fixed
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best slicers around.
So easy to use and great options to enhance the sound.
ADSR Envelope is not consistent across the keyboard both onscreen or external midi. The initial octave works as expected. Anything above or below does not and continue to play when key is released. For normal and live performance I don’t think its conducive to have any keys out side the initial range active if they are not going to play correctly. There should be an option to limit playback to the key range that the slice is initially active on and since it seems the initial assign for slice starts at C1 by default. It would be nice to have an option in Reslicer to change that default assignment to one of the performers choosing.
It works kinda
If the audio unit version of this application was to allow you to import a sound that you wanted to choose from the audio unit perspective then it would allow slicing to be a lot more intricate and easier. Having to import sounds into it and then export the sound out of it reminds me of an odd standalone version and it doesn’t put me in touch with my music. Make the audio unit be allowed to search for a sound of my choosing and I can set the slicing points inside of Cubasis or inside of beat maker 3. Once you fix that I will give it a perfect score.
Very good sampler, still learning how to use it
I just bought this app And at first I was not quite sure how to use it. I couldn’t figure out how to import a sample until I realized that you can copy and paste using iPads internal copy and paste system and it works quite well. I hope to bring this to a five star rating I just need to figure out how to use it in the manual would be extremely helpful. At least an updated video would be nice and I think a lot of people would jump on this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.