Audio Slice Machine
Slice your audio samples with ReSlice and create flexible musical atoms which can be triggered by MIDI notes or the touch of your fingers.
The polyrhythm Arpeggiator redefines the art of creating new loops from the extracted slices.
Record live or import audio from clipboard or AudioShare to break it up into its rhythmic components.
Apply the intelligent slice parameter and Arpeggio randomizer for instant creation of the unheard.
“Always creative - always cutting edge.
The team at VirSyn has a steady stream of cool apps that they release. They are always pushing iOS music creation possibilities to new and interesting territory!
It's a really fun to be able to quickly slice up sound and shift the slices around like this. I love the randomization features as well. With the touch of the dice one can create really surprising and interesting sonic experiences. Jordan Rudess Wizdom Music/Dream Theater”
• Automatic break up of sample/drum loop into up to 32 slices
• Edit slice positions.
• Edit level, pan, pitch and envelope for each slice
• Play slices on screen or via MIDI
• Three choke groups available to cut sample play
• Import audio from clipboard or AudioShare
• Record audio for instant slicing and reusing in realtime
• Seven studio standard effects concurrently usable:
• Oversampled distortion with four different algorithms for antialiased sound.
• Lowpass / Highpass / Bandpass parametric equalizer
• 8 pole analog Phaser
• Four line chorus
• Stereo/Ping-Pong delay with glitch free delay time change.
• Hi end reverberation unit.
Four part Polyrhythm Arpeggiator
• Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps.
• Trigger slices using 4 arpeggio parts with different settings
• Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability.
• Factory arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible.
• AUv3 AudioUnit
• Inter App Audio
• Audiobus 3 support with state saving.
• Play slices live with the onscreen keyboard.
• Can use CoreMIDI compatible MIDI Keyboard.
• Audio recorder with share function.
• Share user presets.
• Support for virtual MIDI input connections.
• Multichannel MIDI Learn for external MIDI controllers.
• MIDI Tempo sync. Start/Stop Arpeggio.
• Ableton Link compatible.
- Alphanumeric Preset ordering was broken
- Added Bluetooth MIDI dialog
Ratings and Reviews
It works kinda
If the audio unit version of this application was to allow you to import a sound that you wanted to choose from the audio unit perspective then it would allow slicing to be a lot more intricate and easier. Having to import sounds into it and then export the sound out of it reminds me of an odd standalone version and it doesn’t put me in touch with my music. Make the audio unit be allowed to search for a sound of my choosing and I can set the slicing points inside of Cubasis or inside of beat maker 3. Once you fix that I will give it a perfect score.
I like it, but I wish....
Great sample slicer, lots of cool features, if I could have a feature added though, is if I could select one slice, then there be a way to play it on all they keys on the keyboard like a normal sample player, and have it play in different pitches up and down but have the option for the sample to speed up or not speed up.
ReSlice recharged my love of sampling.
I'd become a little disenchanted with most sampling apps due to limited "playability" as an actual instrument to be played in real time - most samplers just don't lend themselves to imaginative uses.
But ReSlice, holy cow... suddenly the the samples take on new life, are fun to play, and with the arpeggiator whole new vistas of sound open up. Versatile for beats, pads, you name it. Love this app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.