ReThink is a young girl’s journey to stop cyberbullying before it starts. ReThink Before The Damage Is Done!
ReThink is a non-intrusive, innovative and award-winning solution to stop cyberbullying before it happens, especially in young adolescents and teenagers. Use ReThink Keyboard to give your child a second chance to pause, review and ReThink their messages on every app they use.
My name is Trisha Prabhu, I am 17 years old inventor of ReThink. When I was 13 years old, I was spurred into action by the anger, sadness and frustration of the death of an 11-year old girl that committed suicide because she was repeatedly cyberbullied. I took on the cause to find a solution to stop cyberbullying. The result was my product, ReThink. Together, we can stop this silent pandemic and promote internet positivity and responsible digital citizenship in young kids. Please visit http://www.rethinkwords.com/ to learn more.
ReThink’s Game-Changing Solution:
• ReThink is a patented, innovative and award-winning solution to empower adolescents to make the positive decisions online and become responsible digital citizens.
• ReThink is a "behavioral science based" nudge or a brake for impulsive behavior to ensure hurtful messages are not sent in the heat of the moment!
• ReThink detects offensive and hurtful content in real-time before it is posted and prompts the user to reconsider posting that message. With this gentle brake, a pause, a second chance in real-time, adolescents change their minds over 93% of the time.
• ReThink is a proactive solution that counters conventional solutions today, such as “block the bully” mechanism OR “report to an adult” mechanism, by taking the burden off of the victim to report harassment and instead tackle the issue at the source.
• Parents get the much needed peace of mind, so that they don't have to the dreaded helicopter parents looking over their children's phones!
• ReThink works with every app that uses a keyboard! - text messages, emails, social media etc.
• Give the gift of ReThink keyboard to your kids, pre-teens and teen so they learn to make right decisions online and offline! Choose ReThink Keyboard from device settings to give your child a second chance to pause, review and ReThink their message before sending it.
The adolescent brain is likened to a car with no brakes. It is well known that adolescents can be impulsive and make rash decisions. The part of the brain that controls decision making (pre-fontal cortex) does not fully develop until age 25. Offensive and hurtful messages sent in impulse, are found in everyday online interactions, causing immense mental and potentially physical harm to the recipients. Kids and teens do not realize that once an offensive message is sent out, the damage is done – and the Internet is forever - they really can’t ever “delete” it.
My rigorous scientific research has shown that when given a chance to pause and reconsider before posting a hurtful message, adolescents change their minds 93% of the time and do the right thing. The overall willingness to post an offensive message drops from about 71% to about 4%.
How can I help this cause?
• Please raise awareness about this issue so children across the nation and around the globe can take advantage of this effective tool.
• Please request your child’s teacher or principal to nominate two students from their schools to become ReThink Ambassadors at http://www.rethinkwords.com/students. This will help spread ReThink message to students at their school.
If you ever experience a crash or any bugs associated with the ReThink app, please send an email to email@example.com instead of posting a negative review – we can help fix the issue much more quickly if you contact ReThink Support.
By downloading this app, you are accepting its User Agreement: http://rethinkwords.com/iosappeula
Updates to support dialects and linguistics varieties for ReThink
Ratings and Reviews
It's Not Perfect....
I’ll agree: it’s not perfect. But keeping in mind that it is trying to detect anything rude as you type, I would say it’s pretty darn good. It is very slow, a tad laggy, but overall the idea and the app is great!!
I hate cyberbullying and just wish it would end. People have so much more confidence when they can’t see reactions to their words. I wish everybody had this.
Let’s also keep in mind: a sixteen year old girl made this. But this app is freakin amazing! I had to delete and reinstall it for it to work but still was great!
The only original app to combat cyber bullying!
The developer has done an awesome good of creating this idea & implementing it into a reality. The fact is a very young entrepreneur started Her success behind creating it. I think that deserves acknowledgement it self. Great job keep up the great work!!!
I’m a parent of three kids. One teen a tween and a younger child. I tried this on my phone for my self and I have to say this is like having a extra conscious on you kids shoulder. What a great idea. It works great no glitches.
- Rethink, Inc.
- 13.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014 Trisha Prabhu - ReThink, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.