Retro City Rampage DX
By Vblank Entertainment Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Carjack the open world like it's 1989!
Retro City Rampage reimagines the open world crime genre in the ‘80s! Rampage the city, steal cars, or play over 60 story mode missions!
This remastered pop culture send-up features a full Story Mode of open world missions, along with Arcade Challenges for quick pick-up-and-play action. Explore the city by foot or by car, and discover minigames, customizations, collectibles, special guest stars, and more.
• Universal App
• Supports MFi Controllers
• English, Français, Italiano, Deutsch, Español
• 8-BIT Open-World
• Over 60 Story Missions
• Over 40 Arcade Challenges
• Over 25 Weapons & Power-Ups
• Over 50 Vehicles to Steal & Equip
• Over 200 Character Customizations
• Over 2.5 Hours of Chiptune Music
EXTRAS & MINIGAMES
• Includes "ROM City Rampage" Prototype Version (100% 8-BIT hardware accurate, could've actually been released in '89!)
• Includes official crossovers and minigames with Minecraft, Super Meat Boy, BIT.TRIP and Epic Meal Time.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Misc. Minor Tweaks
I've been a long time owner of RCR on PC and I wanted to support the create here on iOS as well, but the controls for this iOS port is terrible.
Having a virtual joystick was a bad move on the developers part. I just hope they patch it with an option to have fixed controls, like a d-pad.
The vehicle controls are fine, as you can switch it to manual ( which gives you fixed buttons to pressed for steering and accelerating), I just wished they had done the same for regular movement. Movement and precision are two very important aspect of these kinds of games, in my opinion, and a virtual joystick hampers it greatly. An option to have it fixed to the screen would've been preferred at the least...
Until the controls are updated I would suggest you hold back on this purchase. If not prepare for some frustrating moments...
In my last review I said it needed a smaller display, but I found that in the options menu. Making this app my #1 app. I've been waiting for a game like this like my whole life. Now all it needs is multiplayer. And what do you guys mean by "new swimming controls?"
The game plays very smoothly and has awesome pixel graphics. It has just the right blend of comedy and action. The only problem is that when you equip a gun it should tell you the name of the gun.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 24, 2016
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 15.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: Vblank Entertainment Inc.
- RETRO CITY RAMPAGE is a trademark of Vblank Entertainment Inc. ©2010-2016 All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.