This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Retro Recorder is the only iPhone recorder application with distortion free audio zoom-in capability, making it the best iPhone recorder for meetings, dictations, interviews, voice memos, and music recordings. The highly stylized yet simple interface makes recording easy on any iPhone or iPod touch.
Retro Recorder's patent pending Audio Level eXtension (ALX) technology improves recording quality beyond the capability of hand held recorders costing many times more. Even without an external microphone, Retro Recorder can capture detail other recorders cannot when using ALX.
Recorded files can be exported individually or in batches. Exported files may then be downloaded to a PC or Mac, using a Wi-Fi network or through iTunes.
Check out the Retro Recorder YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/retrorecorder.
Retro Recorder features include:
- Up to 30 dB (32 x) more signal level with ALX technology making Retro Recorder the only iPhone recorder application with distortion free audio zoom-in capability
- Audition ALX processing instantly during playback, the original recording is preserved
- Supports mono and stereo inputs
- Includes medium quality (MQ / 22,050 Hz sample rate) and high quality (HQ / 44,100 Hz sample rate) recording modes
- Export original recordings or ALX enhanced versions in WAV format
- Wi-Fi download page allows downloading to any Mac or PC with most web browsers
- iTunes File Sharing support allows drag-and-drop downloading when your device is connected to a computer
- Batch rename, delete, and export makes organizing a snap
- User interface rotates 180 degrees for better iPhone microphone orientation when recording
- External microphone support
- Record short ideas or lengthy meetings for hours, even in sleep mode
- Pause, fast forward, or rewind signals during playback
- Filter list of recordings by keyword to find your recording fast
- Recorder page allows quick review of last clip recorded, great for level checks
- Developed and supported by a professional audio company with over ten years experience
What's New in Version 1.3.2
* Minor fixes
Excellent & Sounds Great
I figured that if McDSP made a recording app then it must be excellent. It turns out that's exactly the case. McDSP is known for making some of the best plug-ins for recording studios and post houses, so this (you'd think) was simple for them. Regardless, it's easy to use, has a cool GUI and sounds great!
I've used this for years for taking quick notes for music ideas. It's simple to use and friendly to look at. The ALX feature sounds good enough that I leave it on.
Append, don't over-write!
I am scared to use this app for anything important. It is far too easy to lose a recording. If it would simply keep adding more audio to the end of an existing recording on a tape (like a tape recorder would do) instead of overwriting it, it would be a lot safer and more authentic.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Jan 10, 2014
- Version: 1.3.2
- Size: 5.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: McDSP
- © McDowell Signal Processing, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.