Your world, your news. Catch up on what’s happening in the world 24/7 with Reuters News.
Breaking news, analysis and market data, completely redesigned with more personalization, better video news integration, catch-up cards and more.
• The resources of the world’s largest and most trusted news organization at your fingertips — 2,500 reporters in 200 locations.
• Global coverage of everything from Politics to Markets to Science and more.
• Alerts for breaking news and the stories you care about the most.
• Additional personalization features.
• Catch up quickly and on the go with new Editorial Highlights.
• Your personal Market Watchlist, plus stocks, bonds, currencies and commodities analysis.
• Deeper integration with Reuters TV, award-winning video news for busy people. (Available on supported devices.)
• Constantly updated with new features: Save stories to read later, Night Mode,Editorial Highlights, Offline Access, and more.
Behind-the-scenes performance enhancements made to provide a richer user experience.
Ratings and Reviews
Navigating breaking news is a pleasure with this flagship app from the world-renowned news organization, Reuters. This highly polished app comes packed with quality content, graceful transitions, and super fast navigation. Whether you’re looking for the latest political news, checking in on tech events, or tracking stocks in your portfolio, Reuters is a boon.
Don't update if you prefer a more compact layout
I made the mistake of updating without researching the new version first. The previous version had a much more compact layout without huge pictures, and you could easily scroll through the articles. The new layout has huge pictures, and you have to scroll a lot and click on different tab sections to see the articles. Even with text-only mode selected, each headline still takes a large amount of space, and only a few headlines are displayed in each section before you have to click "more", which takes you to a page that's once again filled with pictures. Basically, text-only applies to the Home page only, and even then, there are still enormous ads with pictures. It would be much better if text-only applied to everything except for individual articles.
With the new version, you have to scroll and click A LOT to see the articles, which is painful. For me, the old version was much better, where I could see a large amount of headlines at-a-glance. I wish I hadn't updated. I've now switched to using a prominent competitor's app which has a more compact layout, though not as good as the previous version of this app.
Thank you for your comment! We greatly value providing the best quality app. The development and product teams will continue to look into better ways to make improvements. We hope to thrill you with a better experience in the future and keep you as a loyal user.
The news in this app covers a variety of topics and has worldwide coverage that is unbiased, factual and frequently updated. The app itself is clean, well organized and easy to navigate. However it can be improved by adding new features such as a section dedicated for photos taken by photojournalists, the ability to play videos in the background(once the app has been closed), and more information in the market data section specifically, better stock, currency, and bond tracking.
Having the Reuters TV app integrated within the Reuters News app may be beneficial but, the current design in having just the Reuters TV Now section in the news app is effective as well.
As a frequent user who uses this app it would be great to see a feature that removes ads by having the option to subscribe to a paid version.
Overall, this is a great app with many unique features and excellent reporting. Looking forward to future updates this app will receive.
- Thomson Reuters
- 83.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Thomson Reuters Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.