Rev Voice Recorder: Audio Transcription and Dictation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rev Voice Recorder is a simple yet powerful audio recording and transcription app. It’s free, with no annoying ads. For transcription, get the first 10 minutes free and pay $1/minute after that.
1. Record your interviews, memos, lectures, meetings and more. Your audio will sound great.
2. Organize and edit recordings on your phone. Share via email, Dropbox, Evernote, and GDrive. Download with iTunes sync.
3. Order voice-to-text transcriptions, made by humans. Enjoy 99%+ accuracy and 24-hour turnaround for only $1 per audio minute. Try it: get $10 off your first order.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"I'm pretty impressed with this app. It's simple in the design and very easy to use"
- Larry Hay, private investigator, Kingston ON
"Easy to play back recordings and send them off for transcription. If there's ever a problem, Rev always has a strong customer service team."
- Kush Desai, student, Omaha NE
" When I use Rev’s app, I can send my digital file directly to the company and have it transcribed without any additional steps. That’s brilliant. You place the order right on your phone.”
- Cynthia Boris, writer, Orange County CA
* High-quality recording and playback engine that’s optimized for voice recordings
* Simple and beautiful user interface, now fully optimized for iOS 7
* Continue recording in the background while using other apps or while your phone goes to sleep
* Automatic pausing for incoming calls and other interruptions
* Smooth, quick, one-step process for transcribing (voice to text) your recordings
* See the status of your transcriptions in the app; receive the finished transcriptions via email and view them inside the app
* Share recordings directly from our app using email, MMS or AirDrop
* Send all your recordings to Dropbox automatically or send individual recordings with only two taps
* Open your recordings in Evernote, Google Drive, and Box.net (must have those apps installed on your phone)
* Download your recordings to your computer via iTunes File Sharing
* Import audio files from other apps into Rev Voice Recorder
* Quickly locate your recordings with search by name, location or date
* Trim your recordings to keep only the audio you want
* Append more audio to your recordings at any time
Rev.com provides the world's best human transcription (voice to text) service, at $1 / minute. Our highly trained, experienced, global team of transcription professionals enables us to work on your projects 24/7. Our quality control team consists of senior transcriptionists who review and edit the work of our team, adding an additional layer of proofreading to ensure our clients receive highly accurate transcriptions. Learn more at www.rev.com
You own and control everything about your recordings. For full details see http://www.rev.com/voicerecorder/privacy
What's New in Version 3.0.2
* Squashed some more bugs
If you enjoy using Rev Voice Recorder, please consider taking a moment to rate us on the app store. Thanks for your support!
Transcription with accents excellent
I have been wanting to write down my dad's amazing childhood stories for many years. I had them recorded but transcribing them myself was an incredibly slow process - 10 mins could take me a couple of hours of painful stopping, rewinding and restarting the recording. I finally found Rev and got my transcript back with 24 hours. The transcriber did an excellent job and understood most of my dad's somewhat thick Indian accent. I am extremely grateful, and it is fairly easy now to listen to the recording again to review the transcript and make small edits here and there. Again, I'm very thankful to have found this service and the cost is easily worth the savings in time, effort and quality.
Not free, but transcriptions are well done!
Just wrote a long review that disappeared because my nickname was already taken (who cares?)....this five-star rating was important enough to re-type!
I wish this were a bit cheaper, but you get what you pay for, I guess. The transcriptions were done in just hours, and they were done well! The transcribers are obviously literate people as the usually get it right, even as they lack context and para-verbals, i.e., acronyms, names, jargon, etc.
This is saving me valuable time! Great idea, Rev. Thank you!
I usually don't spend time writing reviews, but this is such a lousy app and it is marketed in such a way that makes you believe that it does things that it doesn't. This is just another recording app. And in their marketing efforts they never specify that the transcription it's not immediate, and to make it worse it's not free. I've been doing my own recordings and transcriptions myself for years. I was really excited to think there was an app that already did that automatically. You would think that's what would be noble about this app right? No, you're just getting another voice recorder with the capability to charge you money for something you can do yourself. Don't download it; it's a waste of time
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Updated: May 08, 2015
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Rev.com, Inc.
- © Rev.com, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.