Reversi is a classic board game for two players just like chess, checkers and go. The dark and the light battle each other for victory to control the board. Reversi is also know as Go.
- Pass and Play or play against the computer across five difficulty levels.
- Modern, Simple & Clean interface.
- Full retina HD graphics for iPhone and iPad.
- 6 sleek and colorful themes to choose from.
- Large board for players of all ages.
- Helpful square highlights valid moves.
How to Play:
- The goal is to get the majority of your color discs on the board at the end of the game.
- Dark always moves first.
- A move is made by placing a disc on the board in a position that "out-flanks" one or more of the opponent's discs.
- A disc may outflank any number of discs in one or more rows in any direction (horizontal, vertical, diagonal).
- All the discs which are outflanked will be flipped.
- Discs can only be outflanked as a direct result of a move and must fall in the direct line of the disc being played.
- If you can't outflank and flip at least one opposing disc, you must pass your turn.
- Once a disc has been placed on a square, it can never be moved to another square.
- The player with the most discs of their color wins the game.
- minor bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Ads are a bit annoying
This is exactly how I'd expect to play othello. The ads are only 5 seconds but tend to pop up at weird times and are a little annoying.
I love the design and free color options for the board.
It's not super challenging. I wouldn't say I'm very good but I'm having to play on expert to lose a game. Still a solid 4 stars.
Painfully slow and crashed my phone
The computer player is terrible and also takes way to long to make a move, I got it into a position where it didn’t have any moves three times in a row and on the third one the message reporting that there were no moves available for the computer only showed the first half of the message and then the phone shutdown acting like the battery died but the phone had a 39% charge
Too many adds and constant annoyance
The app works great but there are TOO MANY ads. One on the bottom all the time and full screen ones every new game or every time you go out of the app. Sometimes you'll get two full screen ads at the same time! And if you're not online the app crashes. On top of that it constantly bugs you for ratings. This was a great app but now it's just not worth it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.