Rewinder!, the Apple TV app that CultOfMac says "promises to give you all the insane, free content you can handle, and it delivers" is finally available for iOS.
Sit back and watch from a large (and growing) library of the best public domain movies, television, and short films available anywhere. Enjoy the frequently updated list of titles curated by the Rewinder! staff, browse one of the dozens of categories, or do a deep dive into the archives to search for some hidden gems. All presented without any ads or in-app purchases,
Highlights include :
- Classic horror films ("Night of the Living Dead", "Carnival of Souls", "The House on Haunted Hill")
- Retro classroom films ("Duck And Cover", "Are You Popular?")
- Legendary B-Movies ("Plan 9 From Outer Space", "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians", "The Man Who Saved The World (aka. Turkish Star Wars)")
- Bizarre industrial safety films ("Shake Hands With Danger")
- Golden age television shows starring Lucille Ball, Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, and more.
- Cartoon greats like Betty Boop, Popeye, and Superman
- Silent comedians like Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd
Rewinder not only has the largest library of free films, but includes additional features like the ability to save a list of favorites or mute the films so you can watch along while listening to your own music in the background. have any suggestions for additional features or find a cool movie you want us to feature on the home screen? Hit us up at @rewinder_app on Twitter.
Fix to make favorites load faster.
Ratings and Reviews
This is a cool app with fun — and scary — content. The "scary" films are Cold War I shorts, which, sadly, could be shown today in support of Cold War II. They are instructive from a sociological viewpoint. The nationalist, anti-Communist and McCarthyite propaganda is no different than what we see today. It's fun exploring the unique categories. Cheers!
Worth the price
This app is mainly to watch old low quality films that are in the public domain, and it crashes a lot; however, for free it's still deal and worth downloading Love the old documentaries.
Won't open to watch
I saw online that the app was free so I figured I would try it out. It only gets to the rewinder! First loading screen and then crashes. Looks like it has the potential to be a good app and would like to see what it has to offer.
- Gregory Saunders
- 14.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015, Greg Saunders
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.