By Gregory Saunders
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Rewinder!, the Apple TV app that CultOfMac says "promises to give you all the insane, free content you can handle, and it delivers" is finally available for iOS.
Sit back and watch from a large (and growing) library of the best public domain movies, television, and short films available anywhere. Enjoy the frequently updated list of titles curated by the Rewinder! staff, browse one of the dozens of categories, or do a deep dive into the archives to search for some hidden gems. All presented without any ads or in-app purchases,
Highlights include :
- Classic horror films ("Night of the Living Dead", "Carnival of Souls", "The House on Haunted Hill")
- Retro classroom films ("Duck And Cover", "Are You Popular?")
- Legendary B-Movies ("Plan 9 From Outer Space", "Santa Claus Conquers The Martians", "The Man Who Saved The World (aka. Turkish Star Wars)")
- Bizarre industrial safety films ("Shake Hands With Danger")
- Golden age television shows starring Lucille Ball, Groucho Marx, Jack Benny, and more.
- Cartoon greats like Betty Boop, Popeye, and Superman
- Silent comedians like Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd
Rewinder not only has the largest library of free films, but includes additional features like the ability to save a list of favorites or mute the films so you can watch along while listening to your own music in the background. have any suggestions for additional features or find a cool movie you want us to feature on the home screen? Hit us up at @rewinder_app on Twitter.
What's New in Version 1.2
Fix to make favorites load faster.
This is a cool app with fun — and scary — content. The "scary" films are Cold War I shorts, which, sadly, could be shown today in support of Cold War II. They are instructive from a sociological viewpoint. The nationalist, anti-Communist and McCarthyite propaganda is no different than what we see today. It's fun exploring the unique categories. Cheers!
This app deserves a 10 star rating and works great on my Apple TV. Enjoy the nostalgia of what is offered. Would recommend it.
However I currently own a Apple IPhone 8 and the program stopped working. Tried to delete app and reinstall it, but that didn’t work.
If they could fix the issues so the apps starts working on the iPhones again. That be great.
Worth the price
This app is mainly to watch old low quality films that are in the public domain, and it crashes a lot; however, for free it's still deal and worth downloading Love the old documentaries.