RhEumAtic Disease ActivitY (READY) is an electronic measurement tool that efficiently captures Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) to track various musculoskeletal and rheumatic conditions to help physicians render better clinical care. This tool runs as an iPad application and is intended for rheumatology practices to collect PROs and (optionally) clinician-derived data to calculate, and store multiple quantitative, validated disease activity measure for patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and other rheumatic diseases. It promotes decision support and facilitates efficient risk communication if patients and physicians are considering medication changes.
App Modules & Features
• Patient Questions : READY collects information about patient’s health status using validated PRO and NIH PROMIS instruments (questionnaires).
• Disease Activity Scores: Electronically scores longitudinal patient reported outcomes e.g., RAPID3, CDAI, Fatigue, Pain Behavior, etc. Automatic score calculation avoids errors.
• Trend charts are provided to visualize longitudinal score data and track patient’s health status over multiple encounters.
• Pictographs for risk communication.
• Medication pages to record patient’s current & historic meds with stop reasons.
• Medication information to visually analyze the impact of meds on scores over time.
• Puneet Mathur, MS, MBA, Principal Architect & Project Lead, The Ohio State University (OSU)
• Peter J. Embi, MD, MS, (Former site-PI, The Ohio State University), President & CEO, Regenstrief Institute
• Jeffrey R. Curtis, MD, MS, MPH, Principal Investigator (PI), University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB)
This work is supported by NIH Grant P60AR064172 : Facilitating Treat-to-Target Strategies Using Novel Health Technology with Decision Support.
• App requires an active Internet connection, either through a Wi-fi network or a data plan.
• Requires iOS 9.1 or newer until 10.x
• Requires iPad 2, iPad Air or newer
• Changed default on medication to “Past.” Current visit date will be saved as the default in the absence of a date being entered.
• Changed Patient’s default Date of Birth = 1 Jan 1960
• Removed the requirement to press “none” on the joint count instruments in order to make “Next” active. Physicians will have to confirm TJC, SJC = 0 via the pop-up alert.
• Moved READY icon/completion button to bottom center. Increase the font of completion sentence.
• Bug Fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Most Excellent App!
- Jeffrey Curtis
- 32.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 Department of Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.