Rhyme Genie - The Ultimate Rhyming Dictionary
By Idolumic LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Free your creative spirits with the world’s first dynamic English language rhyming dictionary with 30 different rhyme types and over 330,000 entries including 53,000 titles of charted songs.
Instantly find perfect rhymes as easily as entering a word and flex Rhyme Genie’s muscle with a powerful intelligent rhyme algorithm. Change from one-syllabic to multi-syllabic rhymes with a single click and see a wealth of near rhymes appear by simply decreasing the similarity in sound.
Command a freely scalable dictionary with more than 10 million phonetic references and break through creative bottlenecks with one of the largest collections of American sayings, idioms, popular names, places and trademarked brands.
Find suitable rhymes more efficiently with a special Songwriter Dictionary compiled from over 600,000 song lyrics and a convenient wordfilter with over 130,000 parts of speech.
Express yourself effortlessly with an integrated 115,000 word Webster’s dictionary and an extensive thesaurus with over 2.5 million entries capable of finding syllable matching synonyms.
Break free from the limitations of traditional rhyming dictionaries with 30 different types of rhymes:
Additive Rhyme (augmented rhyme), Alliteration (head rhyme), Amphisbaenic Rhyme, Apocopated Rhyme, Assonance (oblique rhyme), Broken Rhyme, Consonance (suspended rhyme), Diminished Rhyme, Double Assonance, Double Consonance, Elided Rhyme, Family Rhyme, Feminine Pararhyme (minor accent rhyme), Final Syllable Rhyme, First Syllable Rhyme, Full Assonance, Full Consonance, Half Double Rhyme, Homophones (echo rhyme), Intelligent Rhyme, Light Rhyme (uneven rhyme), Metaphone, Pararhyme, Perfect Rhyme (true rhyme), Related Rhyme, Reverse Rhyme, Rich Rhyme (identical rhyme), Soundex, Trailing Rhyme (semirhyme), Weakened Rhyme (unaccented rhyme)
Accolades & Testimonials
• Rhyme Genie has been selected for the official GRAMMY® Gift Bag of the 53rd GRAMMY Awards® given to the performers and presenters of Music’s Biggest Night®.
• “Simply said, Rhyme Genie is a great tool for writers of all kinds. ... it is a solid alternative to writer’s block." - Alyson Holland, American Songwriter Magazine
• “When you're trying to find clever rhymes for your lyrics, poetry, or letters to the editor, Rhyme Genie's just the ticket." - Mac Life Magazine
• Rhyme Genie has been chosen to be showcased and gifted to the biggest names in country music at the 45th Annual CMA Awards®.
• “… brings the power of the computer to bear in the lyricist's eternal quest for fresh rhymes; ..." - Featured songwriter tool, ASCAP Playback Magazine
• “Rhyme Genie proves to be a great writing solution … You can use this application as a source of inspiration whenever you write lyrics for a song, advertising slogans, headlines, and much more." - Mac Informer
• “Ein ungewöhnlich funktionsreiches Reimlexikon." (A rhyme dictionary extraordinarily rich in features.) - Stephan Wiesend, Macwelt Magazine
Requires 1.4 GB of storage space
- iPad Pro
- iPad Air
- iPad Mini with Retina Display
- iPad 4th generation
- iPad 3rd generation
- iPad 2nd generation
- iPad Mini 1st generation
- iPhone 10
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 3
- iPod touch 6th generation
- iPod touch 5th generation
- iPod touch 4th generation
What's New in Version 9.1.2
A further optimized intelligent rhyme algorithm enhances Rhyme Genie's ability to find compound rhymes for polysyllabic search words.
The Ultimate Rhyming App
I think this is the best rhyming app on the market. I needed to replace the old Mac app "Masterwriter" after it went to an expensive subscription model, and tried everything I could find. Rhyme Genie won the competition, but it takes time to realize all of its powers and features. I recommend reading the info on the developer's website to get familiar with the controls and settings. You can start rhyming immediately, but dig deeper!
P.S. I notice that some old negative reviews for previous versions are for installation or "won't run" problems. On some older devices, some apps can be sensitive to how much memory is available when you first install. If you run into such a problem with this (or any app), try this: 1) turn Airport Mode on. 2) turn off any background programs that might be running (hold power button until the "slide to power off" shows up, then release power button and hold the 'home' button until it goes back to home screen). 3) install the app (e.g. Rhyme Genie). After installation, all should be fine and you can run your device as usual.
I’ve been using the Mac OS version of Rhyme Genie for years and it’s been invaluable in my creative process. Having to update it on the laptop and desktop all the time was getting tedious and then I saw there was a smartphone version! The dictionary comes with me wherever I go now: laptop, desktop, subway, whatever... it means I can keep the creative flow going wherever I am!
Perfect for my more complicated poetry but wow on all the bells and whistles I've yet to use! 😎😉
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 01, 2017
- Version: 9.1.2
- Size: 630 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Idolumic LLC
- © 2017 Idolumic LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.