"A wonderful app to help kids to start rhyming words."
Rhyming activities provide the first steps in identifying the different sounds that make up a word and are a critical skill to master on the path towards becoming a good reader and a confident speaker.
The goal of this application is to give parents and teachers a new interactive tool that helps children further develop these critically important skills in a fun and engaging new way.
Our "Rhyming Words" application was created using 200+ gorgeous pictures that are sure to keep kids interested and engaged. In this application, children will be presented with one or eight pairs of items and they have to figure out which items rhyme. The best way to play this game with a child is to sit down with them and have them explain to you the reason / thinking of why two items should go together. This way, the game can act as a wonderful interactive tool to develop both language and critical thinking skills.
The application also includes great audio reinforcements by congratulating the child each time they successfully match a pair that rhymes
● Includes over 100 matching pairs of words that rhyme
● Added a new "Tile Magnet" option so you can now turn the automatic tile magnet ON or OFF. The tile magnet automatically snaps pieces in their place. This is great for toddlers with little fingers but now you can turn this off if you are ready to take your matching skills to the next level.
● Add your own voice - now your toddler can learn everything in mommy's or daddy's voice
● Audio hints - turn audio hints where the items is read out loud on touch on or off
● Uses real, crisp professional images that are carefully handpicked and crafted vs. cartoonish illustrations
● Fun & engaging voice artist keeps kids engaged
● Multi-sensory learning tool - combining seeing, hearing, and tactile feedback
● Multi-language support - since you can edit all existing items and sounds so you can record everything in your native tongue
● Record your own voice - you can record everything in your own voice
● Min. number of items - You decide the min. number of items to show per page
● Max. number of items - You decide the max. number of items to show per page
● Create your own matching games - want to help your little one grow and learn? No problem, just create your own matching games.
● Customize items - every item is fully customizable (text, audio, and image). You can also add your own matching pairs
● Customize game sounds - can even customize the game and success sounds so that your little one hears your words of appreciation
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure app supports latest version of iOS
- Ensure app supports latest iOS devices
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Rhyming beyond the basics
I've never seen an app from GrasshopperApps that I didn't like and once again they don't disappoint with this new rhyming app. Great, realistic graphics and a clear voice give this app an easy user interface for even the youngest users. The word choices go beyond the normal (and often tired) sets of rhyming words. The pairs are great conversation starters for deeper learning like similarities and differences and predictions. Fantastic way to get preschoolers ready for reading!
My 4 year old started playing this and just started matching the pictures before hearing the rhyming words. Although it does not let her put the wrong pictures together, but it also does not tell her the name of the pictures unless she clicks on the picture. This is confusing because she just clicks on the pictures and puts them wherever without hearing the sounds. Once she makes a match, she still hasn’t heard the rhyming words! I think it’s important for them to hear the rhyming words without needing to click on the pictures. Very frustrating!!
So far with all the children I've seen use this app they almost immediately started sliding tiles over and guessing at random without listening to both words. This might be difficult to work but it' s definitely an issue. Also it would be nice if after the match was made both words in the pair were spoken (one after the other).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.