By Jonathan Ensminger
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
v. 3.1 - added MIDI input compatibility, more tap options.
Rhythm Lab is a comprehensive rhythm app that tests your skill and coordination. There are four types of drills: single, double, drum, and drum kit.
Rhythm Lab features:
● Preset rhythm patterns covering a wide variety of levels and types.
● Custom pattern creation: create new patterns from scratch, copy and edit existing patterns, and generate new patterns randomly.
● Share custom pattern sets - export pattern sets and email them or share via storage apps such as Dropbox.
● Create worksheets using preset or custom rhythm patterns.
● Create individual users and track high scores.
● Audiobus compatibility - Rhythm Lab is an input for Audiobus, allowing you to record patterns or add special effects to the sounds with any other compatible Audiobus apps.
Rhythm Lab is designed for students, teachers, and any musician who would like to improve rhythmic performance and accuracy. There is a large number of patterns of all types, including:
● 10 levels of single- and two-handed rhythm patterns similar to rhythms found in standardized music exams
● Special patterns that emphasize certain types of rhythm notation, like rests, ties, triplets, quintuplets, cross-rhythms (2 against 3, 3 against 4), unusual meters.
● Custom patterns that users can create and share, using a wide range of rhythm values, rests, ties, dots, time signatures, and tuplet values.
● Composer patterns: rhythm patterns from works by classical composers such as Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy, Gottschalk, Haydn, Joplin, and Mozart.
● Single-line (snare style) for Right and Left hand (color coded and marked R or L).
● Drum kit: three pads - hi hat, snare, and kick drum. Drum pad positions are easily interchangeable by simply dragging pads to swap positions.
● Rhythm Lab uses a Soundfont to provide an entire range of sounds from the General MIDI sound set.
● Users can select from a large number of sounds, drum kit types, and even change the pitch of the tap pads.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
- Improved audio response, lower latency.
- MIDI input now ignores note on velocity = 0.
- Worksheet bug fixes and improved file editing and saving.