Rhythm Studio is a must have app for musicians! It is a premier universal electronic music making app, boasting richly detailed graphics and incredible sound, with impeccable recreations of classic synths and drum machines along with other amazing studio hardware.
"Dance Music has been riding a heavy old-school wave, of which the 303's resurgence is part... The 303 sound is also finding its way into a lot of pockets, thanks to Pulse Code..." - Michaelangelo Matos, SPIN Magazine.
What makes Rhythm Studio stand out?
Rhythm Studio balances advanced music making features by using an easy to understand interface resembling real instruments. This means that one button does one thing just like it would with real hardware. Knobs turn, switches slide, and buttons press. You won't get lost in abstract interfaces, menus, or design.
Imagine having a studio of rare vintage synths and drum machines in the palm of your hand. Beautifully rendered synthesizers make seeing the app as enjoyable as hearing it. Rhythm Studio is the next best thing to having the real hardware.
Rhythm Studio allows you to make music the way you want to by giving you three different ways to create your song.
1. Use the step sequencer like the real hardware.
2. Use the Control Pad to play the synths live.
3. Instantly create a random pattern.
Dynamic workspace full of awesome audio gear
Full multi-touch support for moving lots of controls
Up to any 4 instruments per song
Audio Paste export
Background audio supported on multi-tasking iOS devices
Robust pattern and song sequencer
3 easy methods to making your songs
Recreation of classic drum machines
Recreation of classic synthesizers
6 synths, 2 drum machines, & 15 effects
TB-3 - The classic 303 acid synth reborn
DR-8 - Uncanny reproduction of the monster 808
DR-9 - The 909 drum machine
Phoenix - A synthesizer dedicated to the famous supersaw
FM-3 - A three operator FM synth with feedback
Gemini - A two oscillator monster synth with 24db filter
Hornet - A ribbon style synth with character
ST-1 - A sample based synth with a VL-1 look
Mixer - Four channel mixer with send and insert effects
Control Pad - jam live with this X/Y controller
Low Pass Filter
High Pass Filter
If you experience any problems please try these troubleshooting tips:
1. Contact support at email@example.com.
2. Turn off your device and turn it back on.
3. Install the latest firmware available for your device
Ratings and Reviews
Whoa, it's got an 808, a 909, a 303, and more!
I was looking for an app providing the sounds of the TR-808, but they were exclusive to iPad, until I found this app. I took a look and it had an 808 drum machine in it, as well as more instruments! If you're going to get a 1.99 app and get approximately more cost with single sounds, just get this. You can even make full-fledged songs with it, but it may be a bit difficult to figure out how the patterns work. I've read reviews saying there's problems with it, or crashes, deletes data, but I haven't had any problems, and they were probably reviewing an older version. If you're looking for a portable 808 workstation for iPhone and iPad that brings extra, go get it. However, I hear that there's a 505, 606, and 707 machine out there that needs to be revived in here. Very good reason to use a card.
I just couldn't pass this app up! At $1 it is a steal.
Navigating the app is pretty easy with the pinch zoom. Multi-touch would be nice. The synths sounds amazing on headphones.
I have some real hardware like the MonoMachine and Machine drum, so step sequencing on this was a piece of cake. Still, maybe a piano keyboard controller or something would have make the synths more playable. The XY pad is cool to make a pattern. I find that I have to go back and edit steps to make the sequence a little tighter. I absolutely LOVE the random function. It makes great synth patterns and the drum patterns are just OK.
The DR-8 sounds phat, but a little dated. But, I guess things things always come in and out of style. Effects help to change them up. Pan controls for the individual sounds would be nice.
The ST-1 has some ok sounds, but definitely not enough.
The distortion, foldback and lo-fi effects are just brutal (which is a good thing!) and really mangle sound. I noticed that with the right settings on the lo-fi, the TB-3 synth sounds like it is talking!!
Overall, the app is a great buy for $1! It is still rough around the edges, but it is like getting all of those individual 808, 303 apps in one app! I am eager to see what the devs have in store. They seem to be promising some big updates.
Tons of fun, sounds great, fun to play and tweak. The new Phoenix synth is pee my pants amazing.
There are just three things that keep it at a 4 star level and in my opinion they're pretty big:
1) when you turn the glide button it automatically detunes the synth. This is really frustrating. It can be fixed by turning the glide up on each synth until everything is detuned the same, but then you can't use the 303 without having it sound off because it doesn't have a glide knob.
2) the control pad is a great feature but it won't register your touch until an entire 8th note after you press it. Again,very frustrating when you want to play along or play in a lead that you don't want to use the step sequencer to figure out.
3) for some reason if you turn off your screen with the app open, it crashes when you turn the screen back on.
The following features would be great additions but don't bring down the app not being there as is:
- midi, so I can play these awesome synths with a real keyboard!
- a way to seamlessly switch to another song so I can use this in a live setting, progressing from song to song for a whole performance.
- a poly synth!
This really is an awesome app and the fact that it is so cheap is amazing. If you like making techno of any variety, get this app!
- Pulse Code, Inc.
- 37.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Pulse Code, Inc. 2017
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.