Listen to The Public's Radio wherever you go on your mobile or tablet device. Hear news and browse the latest articles from Rhode Island and Southcoast Massachusetts as well as the latest national and world news. The Public's Radio newsroom brings you features on health care, the environment, education, local politics and more.
- New branding to reflect the new name: The Public's Radio
- As always, you can listen to the live stream and now you can view each day's on-air schedule
- Browse today's news from within the app
Ratings and Reviews
This new streamer app has flaws. The most annoying is its inability to sustain the connection when you move between cellular and WiFi. Not only does it drop out but it makes no attempt to reconnect. (The previous app would sit “buffering” endlessly in the same situation.) Often one must actually quit the app to get it to work again. Very frustrating. It always seems to happen as a speaker is about to say something especially important as I walk from the car to the house, forgetting I will be cut off. Moving back away from the WiFi range doesn’t help at that point. Too late!
Don’t Stop there - please keep improving app
Thank you to RIPR for releasing a new app for iOS 11. It does allow you to listen to the radio station.
However, it feel like a beta version and fails to observe standard iOS conventions. Please continue to work on the app to make it a full app.
- top bar and screen notifications should be respected
- control center (and lock screen) play/pause commands should be respected
- selecting alternative audio out should be available on app screen
- Central pause/play button becomes out of sync with audio stream when system sound occurs
- The stream should auto restart after a background system sound. (It should probably auto play when launching the app too.)
- Screen rotation is not respected
Please find someone willing to keep improving the app. Thanks.
Good to have, needs some work
Needs to start automatically and don't hide the time and connectivity details when in the app. I'm not sure why they are hidden from view.
Definitely a great app to have for RI to start connected. Just needs a little housekeeping cleanup for 5 stars.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.