Rick Steves' Audio Europe™
By Rick Steves
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This app organizes the vast and varied library of Rick Steves’ audio content into geographic-specific playlists so that travelers can enjoy ready access to the information that relates specifically to their travel plans. Many tracks provide general cultural and sightseeing information gleaned from his public radio program, Travel with Rick Steves. Other tracks are self-guided tours to great sights and historic walks. While we travel there’s lots of down time, and this application can both entertain and teach. Rick Steves Audio Europe will hopefully make your European travels more meaningful and more fun.
• The app downloads and stores audio files on your device. No Wi-Fi or cellphone connection is required to listen. (You will need a connection if you choose to add audio tracks later.)
• Handy maps (PDF) that complement the self-guided audio tours can be viewed on your device.
• The audio content originates from Rick Steves guidebooks and the Travel with Rick Steves public radio program. Self-guided tours are excerpted from Rick Steves country and city guidebooks.
• Rick Steves Audio Europe is a work in progress. New audio tracks will be added and existing tracks updated as necessary. Be sure to enable Notifications for this app to get the latest updates.
What's New in Version 3.0.2
- Partially played tracks now always resume from where you last left off
- Small content fixes suggested by eagle-eyed users
When upgrading from a 2.x version, playlists and all downloaded tracks will be removed.
A Phenomenal FREE guide to Europe
This app is above and beyond. I used this while planning my month long Europe trip. I loved listening to the tips and tricks and found very helpful advice from Rick Steves. But the app is even more useful as you utilize the "city walks" and tours in each of the cities. It even has maps which relate well to reality and you can easily orient yourself to follow along easily. If you love to learn and are new to the historical sites of Europe this is a perfect resource! And it's FREE!? My only complaint... While listening to the audio tour guides I would want to take a picture while listening. As I would try to take a picture, the audio from the app would stop and I would have to reopen the app and replay. This became tedious. I wish the app continued to play the tour in the background as I took a picture so I could continue listening and enjoy the sites simultaneously. But again this app is absolutely worth it.
Used this in Rome, Pompeii and Paris. Super helpful and comprehensive way to tour sites and museums without paying for a separate guide. Only suggestion is to bring on more walkthroughs of museums, etc!
No problem with the new update. It's a great app – love it.
Going to Italy next year. It's very helpful
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 10, 2016
- Version: 3.0.2
- Size: 12.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RICK STEVES' EUROPE THROUGH THE BACK DOOR, INC
- © 2015 Rick Steves' Europe
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.