By RingCentral, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the RingCentral app for iPhone and iPad — the essential application to your RingCentral business phone system. Manage your phone system directly from your iPhone and take your business calls, voice messages, business text messages ***, and faxes—anywhere.
Use the RingCentral app on your iPhone or iPad to:
- Show your RingCentral business number as your Caller ID when you make calls. *, **
- Business text messaging to send and receive text messages with your RC local number. ***
- Department messaging to send and receive text messages to department members. ***
- Make VoIP calls over Wi-Fi without using your carrier minutes.
- Use VoIP calling to make local calls to your home country while traveling internationally. *
- VoIP calls can be received directly on this app by turning ON the option in Settings. If the call is not answered on the app, it will ring other numbers based on the forwarding rules. ****
- Keep all your business voicemails and faxes separate from your personal messages.
- See who left a message, forward messages, and tap to return calls with Visual Voicemail.
- Send and receive faxes, by accessing photos, email attachments, and cloud storage such as Dropbox and Box.
- View call time, date, and duration, and return calls directly from your RingCentral call logs.
- Receive push notifications for incoming messages.
- Access your company extensions as a contact group.
- Conferencing feature with unlimited conference calling for up to 1000 participants per conference *****
Get a cloud business phone system from RingCentral that delivers:
- Local or toll-free numbers (including 800, 855, 866, 877 and 888 numbers)
- Business text messaging ***
- Multiple extensions
- Advanced call management and answering rules
- Multiple voicemail boxes
- Visual voicemail
- Internet fax
- Music on hold
- Custom greetings
- Call screening
- Call queues
- Dial-by-name directory
- Conferencing *****
IMPORTANT: RingCentral for iPhone and iPad requires an existing RingCentral account.
* LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
1. Emergency calling will not work outside of the U.S., Canada or U.K..
2. Call quality may be affected when using VoIP outside of the U.S, Canada, U.K. or RingCentral® Global Office™ supported countries.
3. International and roaming charges from your mobile carrier may apply when using RingOut outside of your home country. Please check with your mobile carrier.
** RingOut is not available for the iPad and iPod Touch.
*** Business text messaging is currently available for Office customers. SMS is only available for RingCentral U.S. and Canada Office customers. Extension-to-extension messaging is available for all RingCentral Office customers.
**** You must enable the option to notify your Softphone and Smartphone in your extension's "Call Handling & Forwarding" menu. We suggest you set it to a minimum of 8 rings.
***** Currently available on select RingCentral Office plans.
Tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 8.3.0
• Join Now: Dial into a conference call or online meeting easily with one tap while on the go. Now, let your meeting attendees know if you’ll be running late.
• Redesigned Call Screens: Improved incoming and active call screen layout provides a more streamlined calling experience.
• RingCentral® Global Office™: Unify and connect your international workforce. Now supporting Australia, Czech Republic, Israel, Luxembourg, and Romania.
• iOS 10 Compatibility.
• Several bug fixes.
• Cloud Favorites: Favorites are now synchronized across RingCentral apps.
• Quick Reply directly from a text notification without opening the app.*
• Cloud Contacts: Synchronize your personal contacts to RingCentral Cloud. Easily search for and access a contact across RingCentral apps.
• Message your team, assign tasks, share files, create events and more with Glip by RingCentral!
• Roles & Permissions: Access to settings and features will be permitted based on the roles & permissions set by your administrator.
• Spotlight Search: Quickly search for your RingCentral contacts right from your iPhone or iPad’s home screen.*
• 3D Touch: New quick actions directly from the RingCentral icon on your home screen.**
• Interactive Notifications: Swipe left on a lock screen notification or swipe down on a notification in the notification center to respond to calls and messages.
• Swipe left or right on messages in the inbox to mark as read/unread, call back, forward or delete.
• Apple Watch support:
-- Respond to messages using voice to text or quick responses.
-- Respond to incoming calls with quick responses, send to voicemail or answer the call on your iPhone using iOS Handoff.
-- Listen to voicemails and view faxes on your iPhone using iOS Handoff.
-- To use iOS Handoff, swipe up from the bottom of your lock screen: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204681
• Note: Due to iOS system design, incoming iPhone calls will interrupt VoIP calls. Rejecting the iPhone call will continue your VoIP call; answering it will place the VoIP call on hold.
* requires iOS 9.0 and higher
** requires iPhone 6s / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus
Complete Mobile Business Communication
The RingCentral app is clean and very well designed, no matter which iOS device it's installed on. It has a similar look and feel to the PC and Mac softphones with every feature you can imagine. Place calls on hold, transfer them, use your business caller ID, voicemail, etc. without compromising your personal phone number and privacy. Business SMS, web meetings, you name it, it's in there. And it works extremely well, especially with recent optimizations relative to using WiFi and cellular data. Faxing, no problem. It's in there...
I have been using Ring Central since 2008. It has amazing functionality and allows me to operate my small business with great professionalism. We use the multi voicemail boxes, we use the "forward" to cell or direct line and it is seamless for the customer. The hold music, the dual fax function, the easy routing capabilities from iPad, iPhone, or desktop are just icing on the cake. A professional and affordable option for the small business owner. Highly recommended!
Ok, you can take pictures and send them to a contact. However, you must take the pics first, as the app will not open the camera. You cannot send a fax to someone by name and number. Nope, not allowed; you must first enter the addressee as a Contact, even if you never want to send them another fax. Oh, and then the supplied cover sheets don't always (or perhaps never) capture the name/company of your addressee. And if you want to check the status of the fax you sent? Oops, can't open the Outbox from the app, even though the app tells you to do so.
Poor integration, sloppy UI, inaccessible features. As noted: barely functional.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Sep 18, 2016
- Version: 8.3.0
- Size: 128 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: RingCentral, Inc
- © RingCentral, Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.