By RingCentral, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the RingCentral app for iPhone — the essential application to your RingCentral business phone system. Manage your phone system directly from your iPhone and take your business calls, voice messages, business SMS text messages, and faxes—anywhere.
Use the RingCentral app on your iPhone to:
- Show your RingCentral business number as your Caller ID when you make calls.*
- Business SMS feature to send and receive text messages with your RC local number.**
- Department messaging feature to send and receive text messages to department members.**
- Make VoIP calls over Wi-Fi without using your carrier minutes.
- Use VoIP calling to make local calls to the US while traveling internationally.
- VoIP calls can be received directly on this app by turning ON the option in Settings. If the call is not answered on the app, it will ring other numbers based on the forwarding rules***
- Keep all your business voicemails and faxes separate from your personal messages.
- See who left a message, forward messages, and tap to return calls with Visual Voicemail.
- Send and receive faxes, by accessing photos, email attachments, and cloud storage such as Dropbox and Box.
- View call time, date, and duration, and return calls directly from your RingCentral call logs.
- Receive push notifications for incoming messages.
- Access your company extensions as a contact group.
- Conferencing feature with unlimited conference calling for up to 1000 participants per conference***
Get a cloud business phone system from RingCentral that delivers:
- Local or toll-free numbers (including 800, 855, 866, 877 and 888 numbers)
- Business SMS**
- Multiple extensions
- Advanced call management and answering rules
- Multiple voicemail boxes
- Visual voicemail
- Internet fax
- Music on hold
- Custom greetings
- Call screening
- Call queues
- Dial-by-name directory
IMPORTANT: RingCentral for iPhone requires an existing RingCentral account.
* Note: RingOut is not available for the iPad and iPod Touch.
** Business SMS is currently available for Office customers.
*** Note: You must enable the option to notify your Softphone and Smartphone in your extension's "Call Handling & Forwarding" menu. We suggest you set it to a minimum of 8 rings.
**** Currently available on select RingCentral Office plans for US customers.
What's New in Version 6.2.0
We've completely updated the look of our app.
You can now view the presence status of your co-workers. You can now see if they're free to talk or busy from Favorites or when viewing their extension details.*
For Administrators, you can now view your entire company's call log or your own extension.
Updates in previous release:
- Transfer: Transfer you call to another extension or phone number
- Park: Hold a call on a virtual location, and pick-up the call from any other phone in your system
- Record: Record your important calls anytime
- Flip: Move your active call to your desk phone, softphone, or mobile phone. (Note: when flipping to the same mobile phone you are using for your VoIP call, you will need to return to the app and complete the process after answering the incoming call.)
* Presence is currently only available for Office customers.
The look and feel of this application on my iOS device is great.
It has a lot of really neat features, and I like the ability to make changes on the go.
I get a lot of people telling me they hear an echo of themselves.
The one thing I dislike most about using this app, is when I am making outbound phone calls using it it automatically puts who I am talking to you on hold without warning. The only saving grace is the music it plays let's the party I was talking to know that I did not just hang up on them.
Finally I've been having a lot of problems lately where it did not go directly to my RingCentral voicemail but it forwarded them to my personal cell phone's voicemail and probably the worst thing is when it doesn't even ring my phone at all and just goes directly to my voicemail. I thought maybe it was my cell phone provider but I have tried both my Sprint and T-Mobile phone and it seems to do the same thing. I'm still testing out a few features and I think turning off the VoIP calling might help me to receive phone calls better which is kind of ridiculous because I am hooked up to my Wi-Fi and I thought that the VoIP was going to be more of a help than hurt.
Overall not bad, but some of the functions simply do not work. For example, there is a slider to turn on VoIP calling over 3G/4G network when wifi not available, but the switch is dead and there are other problems just like it. Also, you can only check messages on the particular phone number you are logged into, if you have other lines with message boxes, you have to log in and out for each one just to check messages from your other lines, a huge hassle. This app could be great, but currently needs a lot of work
Newest version not much better, VoIP switch still does not recognize LTE Network on Verizon even though it is the most popular in the US. Cannot use data network to make calls within the app unless connected to wifi. Otherwise makes a regular cell phone call revealing your cell phone number to call's recipient, defeats the purpose of the app. Get with the times RC! LTE is the future!
Best app ever!!!
I just become a ringcentral user and this app it's so easy to manege your biz from your iPhone
Note: Please fix when you tried to find in your contacts if they don't have a first name or last name, they don't show up, I have a lost of company names and all the time I have to scroll down to find them
- Category: Business
- Updated: Apr 18, 2014
- Version: 6.2.0
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: RingCentral, Inc
- © RingCentral, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.