Download the RingCentral Phone app for iPhone and iPad — the essential application to your RingCentral business phone system. Manage your phone system directly from your iPhone and take your business calls, voice messages, business text messages ***, and faxes—anywhere.
Use the RingCentral Phone app on your iPhone or iPad to:
- Show your RingCentral business number as your Caller ID when you make calls. *, **
- Business text messaging to send and receive text messages with your RC local number. ***
- Department messaging to send and receive text messages to department members. ***
- Make VoIP calls over Wi-Fi without using your carrier minutes.
- Use VoIP calling to make local calls to your home country while traveling internationally. *
- VoIP calls can be received directly on this app by turning ON the option in Settings. If the call is not answered on the app, it will ring other numbers based on the forwarding rules. ****
- Keep all your business voicemails and faxes separate from your personal messages.
- See who left a message, forward messages, and tap to return calls with Visual Voicemail.
- Send and receive faxes, by accessing photos, email attachments, and cloud storage such as Dropbox and Box.
- View call time, date, and duration, and return calls directly from your RingCentral call logs.
- Receive push notifications for incoming messages.
- Access your company extensions as a contact group.
- Conferencing feature with unlimited conference calling for up to 1000 participants per conference *****
Get a cloud business phone system from RingCentral that delivers:
- Local or toll-free numbers (including 800, 855, 866, 877 and 888 numbers)
- Business text messaging ***
- Multiple extensions
- Advanced call management and answering rules
- Multiple voicemail boxes
- Visual voicemail
- Internet fax
- Music on hold
- Custom greetings
- Call screening
- Call queues
- Dial-by-name directory
- Conferencing *****
IMPORTANT: RingCentral Phone for iPhone and iPad requires an existing RingCentral account.
* LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
1. Emergency calling will not work outside of the U.S., Canada or U.K..
2. Call quality may be affected when using VoIP outside of the U.S, Canada, U.K. or RingCentral® Global Office™ supported countries.
3. International and roaming charges from your mobile carrier may apply when using RingOut outside of your home country. Please check with your mobile carrier.
** RingOut is not available for the iPad and iPod Touch.
*** Business text messaging is currently available for Office customers. SMS is only available for RingCentral U.S. and Canada Office customers. Extension-to-extension messaging is available for all RingCentral Office customers.
**** You must enable the option to notify your Softphone and Smartphone in your extension's "Call Handling & Forwarding" menu. We suggest you set it to a minimum of 8 rings.
***** Currently available on select RingCentral Office plans.
Tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
• VoIP Incoming Call Timeout: You can now increase the amount of time allotted to answer an incoming call on your mobile app by enabling "Always ring for at least 30 seconds before forwarding is completed" in your management portal.
Ratings and Reviews
Well thought out app
I use this app extensively for my business. I have 13 workers and have to fax all of them on the daily basis. I like how the app takes numbers and names from your contacts and makes it really easy to fax or email them. It's quite intuitive/easy to use. A couple of cons would be that when I fax something to my home fax machine, we often will have blank or partial faxes come through. And, when I say "often", sometimes it can be like every 3rd or 4th fax. I had my cable/phone company come out to the house and check our lines, so I really don't think it's a problem on our end. Also, sometimes when we email the faxes to my workers, they won't get the emails. Very frustrating. Not sure if that is an issue with the app or the email program. But, I have been meaning to call Ring Central and see if they can make any sense out of this. A week ago I started a free trial with eFax. Let me tell you, that service/app is not nearly as good as Ring Central. But, all of our faxes are complete and we don't have partial or blank faxes. So, I'm kind of on a fence here regarding what to do. But, when the app works as advertised, it's outstanding.
For quite a while (two plus years) and across multiple phones the same issue appears randomly and it’s a significant one. Occasionally I walk into my office after being out of town several days to find voicemails on my desk phone that are not pushed to the app. Typically there would be a notification on my phone, like the “1” over the icon. But sometimes it doesn’t.
When I go into the app and refresh the inbox, the new VM shows up. However, that’s too late and certainly the intent of push notifications is so we don’t have to jump into programs and hit refresh.
Our whole organization uses RC and I’ve confirmed this issue with others previously. I’ve reported it to our IT group and I believe they’ve logged it as an issue with RC before. Ultimately, as a customer-facing person, this issue is a big deal. Hoping that it’s resolved as I’ve found RC to be very effective for us otherwise.
Needs MMS support
Works great other than the mms support. Also there is a small glitch with the Apple Watch app that makes the app quit when you click on the reply button. When a message comes in on the watch.
The Apple Watch app is extremely slow to load Messages.
I just realized on the app itself if you have a forwarding number you can make outgoing calls from your forwarding number but only if you use the app exclusively it will not ring out to your iPhone from that number it gives you an error message if you try to use that. Other than that the app works great and I’m happy with it. I wish your team could make the Apple Watch Amp work a little faster and fix the glitch that causes the app to crash when you try to reply to an incoming message it’s been like this for about a year now.
Dear Customer, Thanks for your concern.
For MMS support, new version with MMS feature will be released within this month.
For the issue about Apple Watch, it's known issue and we are working on it. Will keep you update.
- RingCentral, Inc
- 166.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © RingCentral, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.