By Rival Solutions
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
rInspector (previously named rRate) is an iPad application that allows users to collect and map infrastructure conditions, attributes, locations, images, sketch’s, and other information based on user defined specifications and needs, or pre-defined models available from Rival Solutions.
Typical rInspector uses are (but not limited to):
• Pavement condition inspections: record samples, rate severities, extents, densities for visible distresses along a roadway using various standard methodologies such as PCI ASTM 6433, or by designing your own entry form based around custom business practices within your agency. System forms provided in the app are:
• Sidewalk inspections: log all visible defects along sidewalks and trigger quick reports for urgent repairs. System forms provided in the app are:
• Gravel road rating methodology and decision process that provide capital improvement programs based on PASER standards. System forms provided in the app:
• Parking lots condition rating based on PCI ASTM 6433 (per above).
• Bike Trail and Park audits.
The rInspector app is used as part of a comprehensive cloud based infrastructure management process called RUBIX. In all, rInspector and the RUBIX process provide infrastructure and roadway managers a turn-key solution for evaluating infrastructure conditions and taking decisions to proper rehabilitation and preventative maintenance activities. To leverage the full functionality of rInspector, users need to have an active RUBIX subscription.
The application has a simplistic design, both from a user interface and data structure perspective making it usable for most infrastructure condition rating needs. Users can also select from a list of default system configurations for various infrastructure types.
Integrated mapping combines the power of the device navigation with a supplied network GIS basemap for referencing and tracking. On board mapping is capable of tracking segments that have been collected, that need to be collected, and segments that have been completed.
rInspector can also be used for windshield rating (dynamic mode rating). The system provided PASER form is an example of a dynamic rating configured form. Using the rating panel, users can efficiently key in the road condition as it is driven. Road section segmentation and indicators computation is completed on the RUBIX cloud.
The app also contains a map based QC review tool of all data that can be used post collection to validate work. Conditions can be located geographically and can be edited to change condition ratings as needed.
The app comes preloaded with specific condition rating forms for road conditions, sidewalk conditions, and other infrastructure, however the real benefit to the app is the ease in which you create forms, and subsequence RUBIX dashboards, based on agency specific business practices.
Generally, the structure above provides complete flexibility that allows users to:
• Define what infrastructure items are to be collected;
• Define what information is required for each item, and how it is to be recorded in the field;
• Determine how to optimize the form entry to maximize data collection efficiencies;
• Define how raw data is to be aggregated to an overall sample / segment condition score;
• Configure what layers are presented on the RUBIX web dashboard.
What's New in Version 3.3.4
Memory management improvements.