Riptide GP: Renegade
By Vector Unit
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"App Store Best of 2016"!
Experience the future of illicit hydrojet racing, where armored riders kick out death-defying stunts over massive waterfalls, dodge cops through public waterways, and boost at breakneck speeds across surging waves.
You are a hydrojet rider, framed and cast out from the Riptide GP league, forced to race illegally through city waterways, flooded ruins, and churning factory machinery in an effort to reclaim your reputation and your title. Play through the single player career to unlock new vehicles, playable characters, and customization features as you take down bosses and build your crew.
Then, take your skills online for the ultimate test as you battle opponents around the world in 8-player online matches. Challenge your friends for leaderboard supremacy in the ghost-racing challenge mode.
Featuring thrill-ride race tracks packed with shortcuts, secrets, and interactive obstacles, Riptide GP: Renegade is the action-arcade water racer for a new generation.
"Riptide GP Renegade delivers one of the best arcade racing experiences on iOS whether it’s on land, air, or sea making it a must have. " - AppleNApps (4.5/5)
"Riptide GP Renegade is a really fast, fun, and robust racing game." - 148 Apps (4.5/5)
• • FEATURES
• Thrill-Ride Environments - Blast across floating factory platforms, brave hurricane-strength waves, and infiltrate a military base in the midst of battle. Every race track is packed with interactive set pieces, dynamic obstacles and secret shortcuts.
• Deep Career Mode - Battle your way through a variety of races and boss fights to reach the top of the underground hydro jet racing circuit. Earn cash and experience to upgrade and customize your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider's performance.
• Online Multiplayer - Compete online in thrilling 8 player matchups against the best players from around the world.
• Challenge Mode - Take command of the leaderboards and test your skills against ghost recordings of your friends' best performances.
• Transforming Vehicles - Collect and upgrade a garage full of blisteringly fast hydro jets that transform while you ride them. Win money to upgrade and customize each one.
• State of the Art Water Racing - Riptide GP: Renegade brings dynamic water racing to a new level of excitement with breathtaking water physics, splash-tastic spray effects, and more! Every race is different because the surface you race on is always changing.
• GameCenter and iCloud - Compete with your Game Center friends on leaderboards and unlock challenging achievements. Plus keep your game going from device to device with iCloud data syncing.
• • CUSTOMER SUPPORT
If you encounter a problem running the game, please visit: www.vectorunit.com/support
Be sure to include the device you're using, OS version, and a detailed description of your problem.
• • MORE INFORMATION
Be the first to hear about updates, download custom images, and interact with the developers!
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VectorUnit
Follow us on Twitter @vectorunit
Follow us on Google+ at www.vectorunit.com/+
Visit our web page at www.vectorunit.com
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- Improved multiplayer matchmaking
- Fixed some graphics issues when running on Metal with 'Ultra' settings
- Fixed pause button responsiveness on iOS10
Excellent water physics and great online racing
This is one of the best racing games I've played. My first racing game was Pole Position (guess that gives away my age) but I've enjoyed numerous racing games including Gran Turismo and many F1 games over the years.
This game has excellent water physics, which means you get bumped around a lot by waves, just like you do on a jet ski in real life. You really have to think quick and make constant micro-adjustments to 'land' on the water correctly, on both the big jumps and also on the small micro-jumps in choppy water--to get the best times.
Online play is fantastic! Some keys to success include:
- on jumps, always get your jet pointed in the right direction before landing,
- use most, but not all, shortcuts (some are actually slower),
- know when to use tricks (and when not!)
- know the best trick for each jump (tip: don't do a big trick that'll give you more boost than your boost meter can hold; that just wastes time),
- save your boost to use at the optimal time (many folks use it right away, which isn't always the best way to use it)
- when behind, draft others for extra speed,
- play online, watch the fastest drivers, then do what they do!
Still waiting for developers to address AI issues.
Simple game to learn with some annoying quirks (a tie, which has happened three times due to computer AI magically speeding up at the finish line, automatically places you as runner up). The game absolutely chews through the battery on an iPhone 6 though.
Edit: As others have commented, after advancing in the game, it suddenly becomes insanely hard and basically unbeatable. Bad game design imo. Not worth playing until they fix the difficulty settings.
Would love to see one of the developers actually beat the Grand Prix courses with maxed out skis at level 25.
Splendid game, and not easy AT ALL
I freaking love this game. Better graphics, super strong AI... it's a good challenge even if you set the game difficulty at Easy.
To beat the AI later in game, you really need to remember all the lanes, all the shortcuts and improve your riding skills multiple times.
And surprisingly you need to statically hit the break from time to time. I think it's the only racing game where break actually matters. Nice design!!!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 11, 2016
- Version: 1.1.0
- Size: 108 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vector Unit Inc
- © Copyright 2016 Vector Unit Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes