Rise Alarm Clock
By Kellen Styler
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Rise is a simple alarm clock with a lot of smart features. With its refreshing and clever way to set time, Rise is one of the easiest alarm clocks you'll ever use.
APPLE - App Of The Week, Featured Utility.
Read the great reviews in Mashable, Fast Company, Lifehacker, TUAW, Business Insider, The Loop, App Advice and many more.
TIME TO ENJOY SETTING YOUR ALARM CLOCK
Reach out and touch the screen. Every element is meant to be interactive. Left handed? Yes, Rise loves you, too.
Pull it up or down and watch the sky change as you pick a wake up time. Turn the alarm on by pulling the screen left or right.
Or, simply shake your device to quickly set an alarm for a short nap or to use as a timer.
WAKING UP IS A BEAUTIFUL THING
Wake up to the sound of the woods, ease into the day with a custom Rise melody, or your favorite song from iTunes.
Tap to snooze and be a little late, or pull the screen to turn off the alarm and be on time. Hey, it's your life.
From the lock screen: Shake to snooze or turn off the alarm.
MULTIPLE ALARMS HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS EASY (With in-app purchase)
Easily create repeating alarms for any time with custom labels for each alarm. Toggle all your alarms on or off from one screen. Rise will always show the next alarm when you open the app.
A BETTER ALARM NEEDS A BETTER CLOCK
Large clock in either portrait or landscape (for docked devices) with clock background options: Night / Skyscape / Transparent (live camera.) Swipe to change the clock background and dim the screen by sliding up or down.
LET RISE HELP YOU FALL (ASLEEP)
Use SleepTunes to make a playlist from your iTunes collection to help you fall asleep. Set a timer for your playlist so it doesn't run all night.
- Rise is made for iOS 7 compatible devices.
- Rise works with "Do Not Disturb" and the silence switch as long as it's in the foreground and / or auto-locked when using those two features.
RISE IS LOCALIZED FOR THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGES
- Chinese ( Simplified )
- Chinese ( Traditional )
WE LOVE TO HELP
We pride ourselves on offering great support. If you have an issue or feature request, please contact us on Twitter (@simplebots) or through our site www.simplebots.co
What's New in Version 4.1.9
This update is here to squash a few bugs.
- Set base build SDK to remove iOS 8 bugs.
- Fixed time tap bug: Back to 5 mins instead of 1.
- Current time and main view landscape rotation fixes.
Over designed but functional
On the positive side, it’s a solid alarm clock that doesn’t crash, wakes you up, and looks attractive while in “clock face” mode. Selecting the brightness on the clock face is fantastic.
However, the interface is deeply confusing and even after a month I still end up triggering the wrong action that I want to achieve. Exploring the UI is a hassle and I ended up having to delete the app to reset my settings the first time around because I was so confused. The app comes with an intro video with people using the app as an example (and an example of app size bloat) but it’s not easy to see on a small screen. Watching other people use an app doesn’t make me feel more proficient in the interface - no explanations provided, no context given, no mental map capable of being crafted.
A true example of an app that had a good, well set functionality and a good price (minus the IAP which made me grumble) but was held back by a design that just isn’t as clear as it thinks it is.
This is the one
I’ve tried most of the alarm apps out there, and this one is the one. There are 2-3 real challenges for alarm apps on the iPhone.
1) Handling screen brightness. Most apps have a way for you to manually swipe to dim the screen, but then when you wake up and start using your phone, you now have to adjust the brightness. This app does a great job of dealing with that problem. It appears to do some fairly sophisticated brightness adjustment when it goes into clock mode.
2) Dealing with other alerts. No app can completely avoid the occasional alert popup, but this one seems to manage them the best of the other options I’ve tried.
3) Portrait to Landscape issues. Some of the alarm apps deal with this very poorly. This one still gets confused sometimes. It appears that the iPhone maybe doesn’t tell the app what the phone’s current orientation is, it only tells it when the orientation changes. So you have to do some fiddling around to let the app know you are in landscape mode, but I’ve seen some of the apps not deal with this well at all.
Add to that the slick handling of repeating alarms, and it’s a good choice. The UI is very pretty but not always intuitive, so you have to review the intro video carefully - but I’m a big fan.
Used to be good, now it's just a buggy hot mess.
I've used this app since launch. It was minimal, intuitive, and just worked back when it was first released and quite a while after.
Somethings happened in the last year or so. I thought maybe it was just my phone but it behaves oddly on my work phone, and my spouses phone as well.
There's no way to easily turn off the alarm without unlocking, which is fine unless you're in the shower and hear it going off. Oh, did I mention it likes to randomly choose times to go off? Then there's the endless notifications, and digging through a series of unmarked menu items. I get it; minimal is bold, bold is minimal. Look; if I'm taking the time to pull up the menu, which is usually to clear a useless notification (seriously, why does a single function app need to send me notifications beyond the alarm going off?!) that's nearly impossible to find.
Then theres the random switching to landscape view, or how it raises and lowers the volume randomly when you try to exit the app, or when it decides to not respond to touch, or freezes and crashes when you want to edit an alarm, or when it locks up and force reboots the whole phone...starting to get the picture?
Move on; this app is like a 70 year old executive running a company into the ground - past it's prime, and showing that improvement isn't useful when you're this close to the grave.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 18, 2015
- Version: 4.1.9
- Size: 33.9 MB
- Languages: English, Afrikaans, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Kellen Styler
- © 2012-2014 Simplebots, www.simplebots.co
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rise Alarm Control Center$0.99
- MorningBell Tones™ Alarm Bundle$0.99