Discover the legend within.
Before you buy, please expand this description and check that your computer matches or exceeds each of the requirements listed.
In the breathtaking sequel to Tomb Raider, Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks upon her first great expedition to explore the earth’s most ancient and remote regions and uncover the secret of immortality.
Harness Lara’s growing talents in a dramatic action-adventure ranging from Syria’s sun-baked ruins to Siberia’s frozen mountains. Play as the young archaeologist as she conquers tombs, outpaces rivals, and establishes her legend.
THE COMPLETE ADVENTURE
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration equips the base game with its entire collection of DLC.
Uncover the secrets of Croft Manor in Blood Ties, find the truth behind a mythic terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, prevent a lethal outbreak in Cold Darkness, and face waves of supernatural enemies in Lara’s Nightmare. In Endurance Mode, survive the harsh Siberian wilderness alone or co-operatively with another player.
Important information regarding Rise of the Tomb Raider:
The game is officially supported on the following Macs. To check your Mac model and when it was released, select About This Mac from the Apple menu on your menu bar.
◦ All 13" MacBook Pros released since 2016
◦ All 15" MacBook Pros released since Late 2013 with a 2.3GHz processor or better
◦ All 21.5" iMacs released since 2017
◦ All 27" iMacs released since Late 2013 (models with an Nvidia GT 755M graphics card are not officially supported) (1)
◦ All Mac Pros released since Late 2013
(1) Late 2012 models with a 2GB Nvidia 680MX graphics card are also supported.
The following Macs are capable of running the game but do not consistently meet the standards required for official support.
◦ All 15" MacBook Pros released since Late 2013
◦ All 21.5" iMacs released since Late 2013 with a 2.3GHz processor or better (models with an Nvidia 750M graphics card are not supported).
• Minimum System Requirements:
◦ Processor: 2.3GHz
◦ RAM: 8GB
◦ Graphics: 1.5GB
◦ macOS: 10.13.4
◦ Free Space: 36GB
Check the Feral website for more detailed specifications.
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Supports over 100 different models of gamepad. For a full list check the Feral support site.
• This game is not currently supported on volumes formatted as Case-sensitive.
• You can find out more about the game on the Rise of the Tomb Raider mini-site at feralinteractive.com/riseofthetombraider
RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER © 2018 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER, TOMB RAIDER, CRYSTAL DYNAMICS, the CRYSTAL DYNAMICS logo, EIDOS, the EIDOS logo and LARA CROFT are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Ltd. SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd. Mac and macOS are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Feral and the Feral logo are trademarks of Feral Interactive Ltd. All other marks are property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.
• Improves the game's overall performance
• Fixes a number of minor issues
Ratings and Reviews
Worth the wait
Very pleased that I can continue to explore the worlds of Lara Croft on the Mac. And glad that the title is indeed a 64-bit application for enjoyment for years to come.
The graphics are impressive indeed. I maxed out the graphics settings and ran at a full 5120 x 2880 resolution on my iMac Pro with Vega 56 GPU. Only a couple spots stuttered, so lowered a few settings. Speaking of which, really nice to see the screen dynamically update while you change settings. You can really understand what about the image is improving.
Graphic content itself has really improved over earlier titles (as expected). Character realism has improved and the 3D models are much smoother (you see less traces of simple polygons; especially in rounded surfaces). I really like the transparencies in the ice. Lara’s movements are now richer as well (more variety). E.g. walking through deeper snow.
Gameplay is great and most of the learned movements from the previous title all work as expected. I did add alternate keys though for general movement (arrows) to match what I had in earlier titles. Very easy to do.
One very minor issue (though may be still do to near maxed-out settings) is sound (speaking) seems slightly out-of-sync with player’s mouths. But that is not taking away from the game itself.
Looking forward to completing this title and as with older titles, definitely see replayability.
Developer Response ,
We are sorry that you've encountered a problem. Please note there are no changes made to the saved game system in the latest update.
If you are having any issue with the game, please contact us directly via email@example.com with a description of the problem and we’ll always be happy to help. Please include "App Store Review" in the subject of your email.
Please also attach a support report to help us diagnose any issues: http://support.feralinteractive.com/x/faqs/support_report/
Great Game - WAY BETTER with an eGPU!!!!!!
I have a late 2016 Macbook Pro with a Radeon Pro 460 - they game looks and plays mediocre at best, which is to be expected on the internal dedicated GPU. I also use an eGPU which is an Akitio Node (Corsair SF600 PSU and Noctua Fans) running a NVIDIA GTX 1080ti (TB3) paired with a Dell U3818DW. Set the game to maximum gfx settings and a resolution of 3840x1600 and watch the FPS stay above 50 FPS ~95% of the time. The TB 3 bus gets a bit saturated and stutters a little when it is loading new area content in the background, but otherwise the game is gorgeous and play is smooth and fluid. I understand this configuration is not “supported” but once you get your eGPU properly configured this game really sets the bar! Seems Mac gaming “may” have an actual future.
Awesome game! Just finished it in the challenging survivor mode. Thank goodness for infinite Lara respawns. The final fight scene with Konstantin was a bit of a letdown, as I expected a Deathless Warrior Boss similar to the original Tomb Raider reboot, but that’s ok, too. Played it with a 2015 Macbook Pro 15 with low graphic settings (not the very low one) and 800x600 resolution. Still, it was very playable, responsive and the graphics was still impressive, considering. Am looking forward to play Shadown of the Tomb Raider when it’s released with a more powerful computer, possibly with an eGPU. Thanks Crystal Dynamics, Square Enix, etc., for a fantastic production.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 31.6 GB
- macOS 10.13.4 or later
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- RISE OF THE TOMB RAIDER © 2018 Square Enix Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Developed for and published on macOS by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.