Rise Up! Radio/Alarm
By Apps on Fire Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Featuring stunning nightstand UI, thousands of radio stations and sleep sounds.
Rise Up! Radio/Alarm Clock harnesses extensive sleep research to give the ultimate sleep experience from the moment you go to bed till you wake in the morning.
- Beautiful nightstand with choice of clock themes prepared by our fantastic design team, including old-style LED, Flip Clock and gorgeous Nixie tubes
- Thousands of radio stations, including BBC, NPR, Digitally Imported and many more (simply mail us if your favorite is missing)
- Sleep mode - choose from radio or relaxing natural sounds including the sea, jungle, rain, a soothing fan, white noise, or hipnotic binaural beats
- Natural alarm mode softly fades in
- Dismiss options include flipping phone or reaction time test to avoid turning alarm off in your sleep
- Weather display adjusted to your location
- Wake to your choice of radio/tones/speaking clock/your music
- Alarm tones include dubstep, ambient beats and special 520hz alarm tone (proven to be more effective at waking deep sleepers)
- Tap-for-time – tap the screen during the night and the phone will read out the current time
- Slide finger to adjust brightness
- Alarm fail-safe includes fallback tones in case Internet radio can’t connect or selected song is not available
- Alarm timer
- Adjustable snooze time and number of snoozes allowed
- Alarm skip
- Optimised for CPU and memory
- Sleep science features including suggested nap time, in-app sleep tips, reaction time game to avoid sleep inertia, 520hz alarm sound and binaural beats.
==== SUPPORT ====
*** Note that due to iPhone/iPad background app restrictions, the app must be in the foreground for the full alarm experience to be functional. ***
If you have any feedback or issues in the app (or would like a radio station added) make sure to e-mail us at email@example.com. We're very responsive to e-mail, but unfortunately can't respond to reviews in the AppStore. You can also visit our support page/FAQ at: http://www.riseupradioalarm.com/support.html
What's New in Version 1.22
Fixed iOS 8 issue where alarms disabled themselves on app restart.
Developers Gave up on this App!??
Great clock radio app. But sadly, has not been updated in over a year now?
Total flexibly over wake options including: wake up to radio station (NPR .. Yeah!) or, choose from a good selection of different tones.
- Suburb control over the alarm. More specifically the fade-in volume amount so you wake to a gradual alarm and an abrupt one.
- Intuitive interface (but could use a refresh).
- Good selection of streaming stations and sound effects and tones.
- relatively stable given year old version.
The 'show weather' option doesn't work. I tried all the ways I know how but, nothing.
- Clock brightness could be just a little bit dimmer but, is acceptable.
- Not many options as far as turning on/off display options. Would love to turn off showing day of week while clock is on.
Otherwise - I'm pretty happy. It has replaced my old clock radio on my nightstand.
But please.. UPDATE THIS APP GUYS! It has great potential.
So the time shows correctly on the app. I set an alarm for 9:45 am on Thursday. I had to set it for Friday for it to tell me how many hours it would really take which would have been on Thursday, not Friday. Then it went off at 8:45 pm. I have location services on because I thought that would affect it. It's not working. And the radio stations are totally random. I'd like my money back.
My Go To Alarm
Works like a charm!