RISK: Global Domination
By SMG Studio
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
NOW WITH FULL ONLINE MULTIPLAYER AND MATCHMAKING!
Everybody wants to rule the world! Now you can with a new way to play the classic game of RISK. Defend your territories, draft troops, and launch attacks for the ultimate conquest against friends, family, and foes. Want to battle new opponents across the world? Now you can by taking the battle online with Global Domination mode (must be over 13)! Try the game for free or unlock for unlimited mobile play!
NEW GLOBAL DOMINATION MODE
• Join or host battles against new opponents online
• Use Automatch mode to be pitted up against players of similar rank
• Climb leaderboards & rank up to Grandmaster
• Additional achievements to earn
• Multiple game modes available: Global Domination online, Play Friends online, Single Player, and Pass & Play
• Up to 6 players/AIs can battle for world domination
• 4 difficulty settings for rookies and veterans
• Authentic rules – it’s the RISK you know and love
• Easily add friends and send challenges
• Guided tutorial mode and in-game help
• Critical game stats and achievements
• Multiple maps* and beautiful graphics
• Fun animated avatars
• Send secret alliance or coordinated attack requests to your fellow generals
• Send emojis to express your wrath or glee as you conquer your opponents
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON APPLE TV!
• Have an Apple TV? RISK is now available on the app store for your Apple TV!
• Use your existing RISK log in information when connecting to the Apple TV and share your progress cross-platform
• Players with the mobile Premium Upgrade on their account will gain access to the Global Domination mode on Apple TV for no additional cost!
*extra maps and player avatars available for an additional cost
Works with iPhone 4S+, iPad mini, iPod touch 5th Generation+ and iPad 2+
Requires iOS 8.3 or newer
RISK is a trademark of Hasbro. © 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
What's New in Version 1.15.50
- Multilingual: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian!
- US City Map Pack available
Solid Game....Few Flaws.
Been playing this game for about a month or so now. It’s addicting! However, I have some issues. I dislike that it randomly disconnects me from the game. That will count as a loss and go against my stats which seems to happen more often as I approach the highest rank. Maybe that’s a coincidence. Maybe it has something to do with the new update. Also, when others get disconnect or quit, the remaining players shouldn’t have to wait an entire 60seconds (or more depending on the game settings) for them to make their move. If they miss 3 turns they shouldn’t be allowed to return and let the computer take over. It took 20 minutes just to claim territories and start the game the other day because 2 people got disconnected or quit. If these issues can be fixed, you’d get a solid 5 rating from me.
On a positive note, I still love playing this game. I’m glad my husband introduced me to it. Our 10 year old also plays with us. Hopefully the next update will address the issues at hand.
Computer Play Way To Easy
I have been playing RISK for a long time and I had enjoyed playing the earlier electronic RISK games by Electronic Arts. I always play against the computer players so a game can be completed during a meal. With those Electronic Arts games for iPad and iPhone, I won or lost about 50% of the time. I have played this SMG STUDIO electronic RISK game 34 times, have won 32 and my longest winning streak has been 30 games. Clearly, there is no challenge. I find the spinning of the board when attacking to be dizzying and the green arrows for, both, confirming advance and end of phase to be highly confusing. I believe my getting caught with these confusions to be the reason behind my only two losses. Even though I know of the confusing green arrows, I have not been able to adjust and have had to turn on the option to be alerted whenever I have selected the “end phase” arrow. I play as purple but this version does not allow my selecting that color as my default. My selecting purple for each new game requires cycling through nearly endless taps to change the color as the cycle is not a simple cycle through six colors.
Good, lots of potential.
Overall I think the game is fun to play and works well, mostly without any issues. However, there are features I’d like to see added. The following are my ideas for future updates, not necessarily a review. The Dev’s have acknowledged the community’s desire for more game modes and maps, and I look forward to more options (hopefully options that are free!). The leaderboards could be improved. In addition to everyone’s rank, I’d like to see the number of points that they’ve accumulated. I may have missed it, but I’d also like to see a leaderboard of only my friends. I feel like seeing each of their specific rank points would make the competition a little more exciting! Like I said, a good game with room to improve. I’m looking forward to the future!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: 1.15.50
- Size: 251 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: SMG STUDIO PTY LTD
- © 1936, 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock Premium Mode$5.99
- Unlock Pirate Theme$1.99
- RISK Europe Map Pack$1.99
- Northern Conquest - 3 new maps$1.99
- US City Map Pack$1.99
- Unlock Premium Mode - 15% !$4.99
- Unlock Premium Mode -35% !$3.99
- Unlock Premium Mode -50% !$2.99