NOW WITH FULL ONLINE MULTIPLAYER, SPECTATOR MODE AND MATCHMAKING!
Everybody wants to rule the world! Now you can with a new way to play the classic game of RISK. Defend your territories, draft troops, and launch attacks for the ultimate conquest against friends, family, and foes. Want to battle new opponents across the world? Now you can by taking the battle online with Global Domination mode (must be over 13)! Try the game for free or unlock for unlimited mobile play!
NEW GLOBAL DOMINATION MODE
• Join or host battles against new opponents online
• Use Automatch mode to be pitted up against players of similar rank
• Climb leaderboards & rank up to Grandmaster
• Additional achievements to earn
• Multiple game modes available: Global Domination online, Play Friends online, Single Player, and Pass & Play
• Up to 6 players/AIs can battle for world domination
• 4 difficulty settings for rookies and veterans
• Authentic rules – it’s the RISK you know and love
• Easily add friends and send challenges
• Guided tutorial mode and in-game help
• Critical game stats and achievements
• Multiple maps* and beautiful graphics
• Fun animated avatars
• Send secret alliance or coordinated attack requests to your fellow generals
• Send emojis to express your wrath or glee as you conquer your opponents
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON APPLE TV!
• Have an Apple TV? RISK is now available on the app store for your Apple TV!
• Use your existing RISK log in information when connecting to the Apple TV and share your progress cross-platform
• Players with the mobile Premium Upgrade on their account will gain access to the Global Domination mode on Apple TV for no additional cost!
*extra maps and player avatars available for an additional cost
Works with iPhone 4S+, iPad mini, iPod touch 5th Generation+ and iPad 2+
Requires iOS 8.3 or newer
RISK is a trademark of Hasbro. © 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
- X-Mas version with special theme
- Free ""Frozen Classic"" map
- Optional ""Blizzard mode"" for all maps
- Games can now be started with two players
- Alliances disabled
- General bug fixes
- Game netcode optimisations
- Fixed avatars showing as red when they should be orange
- Game map Z-fighting
- AI persona fixes
- Missing territory link on Iceland
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but minor adjustments needed
I love this game, and to be honest, it's almost picture perfect, but I say you should sprinkle in some minor additions to the game, I have two: Messaging during warfare and Campaign/Story Mode; Communication is key to almost everything, and when your allies are random people you have never met before, miscommunication can happen, mostly cause the only way to talk to your allies and foes is by emojis which by the way, there aren't very many and show very little communication, but being able to message everyone during war would help, like say you need to claim a certain country to use it has a supply line but your Allie has claimed it, and when you go to attack the country, your Allie thinks you're betraying them, now you could fix that in another way by allowing multiple players to claim a country if they are in an alliance or something like that, but I think the messaging system would also just add a more social experience to the game. Now the Campaign/Story Mode idea is just something for fun, and another feature to the Campaign I would also suggest would be Online Multiplayer Story mode...
Hopefully you have read this and thought about this review, the game is great alone, but some additional features would make a better experience for most players. Now that I have got my point across(hopefully), I hope you have a great day!😜
Don’t bother with support
When you send in a comment, complaint or even a suggestion to them is a waste. First, when trying to contact support you are directed out of the game to send an email to them. Second, after typing everything up and sending it in you will get a return email back. Third, now the email wants you to go to this site they highlighted and now you have to re-type everything again. ??? Why ???
Oh, that way they do not get complaints or anything they would have to do something then. Maybe, they can say they get any complaints because people are NOT going to sit there and re-type everything again when it was already done and sent to them. This way people just say the heck with it as they can tell that nothing will be done so why waste my time again.... I enjoy the game of RISK but this is not RISK as the game is fixed against you to make you spend money, money, money to play.
Playing RISK is supposed to be a game a risk and reward. But, this game is not a game a risk when it is fixed against you. Play global with supposed to be other real players but it is not. The same name playing single player as when I played global. Also, both players (computer) would only attack me and not the other computer. So it is 3against 1 and this happened 7 straight games. What risk? When you have already loss before starting, how many times have you gone first when playing?? Nope, usually 4,5 or 6 to play out of 6 players. What a joke !!!!!!!!!
Great, but dice is not random
I really enjoyed this game. It looks great and works beautifully, but the dice is not random. The game places an advantage to one player from the beginning, at times sympathy to losing players, and at times purposely preventing players to gain territory on a given turn. I have been playing this game every day for two weeks and it’s a continuous trend. The advantaged player has an easier time taking over territories while not losing many points, if any at all, and this is felt throughout the game. Once in a while justice is served, but the advantage continues. On the other hand a player that is losing, including myself, is given sympathy by winning unbeatable odds. Worst case scenario, one game I attacked the same territory with a 6-2 odd from multiple territories for 4 full turns and lost every battle never obtaining it. Seems like bad luck, but I defended a similar situation, for not as long, and even still questioned the “randomness” of the game. After playing the game for some time you can predict some battles especially if one player is losing or you lose a battle that is clearly in you favor, so you learn to not attack because you will continue to lose for that turn. It seems like the idea is to drag on the game or make it more fun, but it just becomes frustrating. If this algorithmic sympathy/advantage is fixed, the I will re-download and play, but for now I’m done. I’ll stick with the board game.
- SMG STUDIO PTY LTD
- 208.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 1936, 2016 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Premium Mode $6.99
- RISK Europe Map Pack $2.99
- Unlock Pirate Theme $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.