Rivals at War: 2084
By Hothead Games Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"High-impact 3D graphics that make us go... wow, wow, wow" - Appoday
The year is 2084 and the galaxy is in chaos. Humanity has discovered alien technology allowing space travel between the planets, opening up the universe for exploration and conquest.
Forces around the solar system battle for supremacy, but one leader must rise up to unite the galaxy against all intergalactic invaders. Welcome to the ultimate sci-fi adventure, Rivals at War: 2084.
TRAIN an elite team of space marines. EQUIP these soldiers with weapons, helmets and armor for epic battles. ATTACK rival teams from around the solar system. CONQUER the galaxy, one planet at a time. FIGHT for victory and rule the universe!
* Star Map Story Mode - plot your conquest of the galaxy across 75 different planets.
* Rivals Mode - challenge your Facebook friends and go to war in head-to-head combat
* Daily Campaigns – crush the competition across three different skill levels to win rewards and prizes
* Strategy and tactics - select powerful tactic cards to influence each battle and overcome your opponents
* Player Achievements – progress through the game by completing over 45 special achievements
* Game Center Leaderboards - command your team to the top of the leaderboards for galactic domination
What's New in Version 1.2
Cpl Hicks here!
Welcome to the unit. We are deploying across the galaxy. Here is the latest sitrep:
* New Super Soliders!
* More movies to watch for free currency
* Bug fixes
Get out there and conquer the Galaxy!
Two Sided Coin
This game has two sides, like a coin. Heads (good): good graphics, good UI, good maps (need more), great sound design etc. Tails (bad): the battle system on this game is strange and infuriating. You do not have any control of your soldiers. while you watch, the squad AIs battle it out with each other based on the stats, levels, weapons, etc you have, and whatever kind of help "Tactics Cards" give you, that you have to buy in packs (in game currency) that have other cards in them as well, not just tactics cards. You might get the umpteenth Scout card again in the pack. Repeat: you have no interactive control over your soldiers in battle! The AI has control, and my AI appears to be dumb as a post. My squad members are forever NOT getting to cover and getting slaughtered. They just stand out in the open and get pounded. Ridiculous. Pretty sad because the game is fun, interesting and good looking. Devs: change the Battle system, and while you're at it, write in a tutorial. After that please make more maps, there are not enough. I like and and I don't like this game. Sadly, I suspect it will end up in the round file if the battle system doesn't change. Too bad. 😕
Love the game, can't stop playing it!!! But, it's still missing a few things that would make it better in my opinion.
1. Commander Mode: A game mode that you could turn on or off that would let you plan the attacks and where your soldiers should go and what they should do. This would help the game become more interesting and exciting.
2. Auction Houses: Pretty self explanatory, but I would love to see two auction houses; one with items/soldiers being sold for bucks and the other with items/soldiers being sold for credits. This would be a big improvement!
3. More maps and Quests: The current maps are fine, but, at least in my opinion, they are getting old. Let's add some new ones! Same with quests, they are to easy to finish.
4. More item slots: The title says item slots, but really anything that would allow for further character improvement would be fantastic.
5. Customizable Characters: For the more casual players it would be fun to have either power over each soldiers appearance or "vanity equipment" that could be bought and worn over the normal equipment to change the looks of a soldier.
Thanks for reading, I look forward to the next update!
Pretty much Copy and Paste
After playing R.A.W's first title, I didn't know what to expect when I started to play this. We'll let me tell you that it's not that unique. Rivals At War 2084 is exactly the same as it's predecessor. The only difference being that the theme is space and the menus have a slightly different layout. It's a shame because like the game Brink for consoles, it has som much potential, yet fails to deliver. Don't get me wrong, the game is good as the last one, but with no difference. There in space so zero gravity could have come into play, of maybe elevated ground for snipers.
With the same flaws as the previous game with a few added ones like how all the soldiers look EXACTLY THE SAME, just like the game itself. A little disappointed
- Category: Games
- Updated: Sep 19, 2013
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 53.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Hothead Games
- © 2013 Hothead Games Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pocket of Bucks$1.99
- Ammo Box of Bucks$4.99
- Rucksack of Bucks$9.99
- Roll of Coins$0.99
- Transport of Bucks$24.99
- Bank of Coins$2.99
- Armory of Bucks$49.99
- Team Shield 2$2.99
- Team Shield 1$0.99
- Fortress of Bucks$99.99