Rivals for Catan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be the Prince or Princess of Catan and decide on the fate of its settlers!
This exciting Catan card game challenges you to rule a realm on Catan. Construct cities and settlements, build ships and roads, and hire heroes to outplay your opponents!
Three different game modes provide varied challenges:
- An easy-to-play introductory game, ‘The First Catanians’ is exclusively played with the cards of the basic set and using simple rules. The ideal way to get started with the game!
- Theme set games represent new eras on Catan, adding numerous cards to the game: Make clever use of trade advantages and the opportunities of cards like the university or the pharmacy to achieve domination over Catan!
- The ‘Duel of the Princes’ is the most advanced game mode: it is played with cards from all theme sets, offering even more strategic and tactical possibilities, thus providing some truly sophisticated games.
- Based on the original card game by the creator of Catan, Klaus Teuber
- Exciting two-player duels
- Three game modes with various difficulties
- Numerous AI opponents with different personalities and tactics provide varied challenges
- Online and local multiplayer modes (online multiplayer via Apple Game Center)
- Based on the rules of the comprehensive, revised edition of the Catan card game
- Including Cards Almanac for easy reference and comprehensive tutorials to get started
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to email@example.com
We are looking forward to your feedback!
Please do not ask your questions in the reviews as we do not have the possibility to respond to you there.
For more information on news and updates:
Or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and on twitter.com/USM_News
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Fixed an issue in online games that allowed players to see the cards on their opponent’s hand
- Fixed issues with Gold Cache card
- Several improvements in multiplayer games
- Optimized building process by computer opponents
- Various smaller tweaks and optimizations
We’re already working on the next major update.
Plays well with no glitches
The game has completely reliable for me. Other reviews mention problems with saving or resuming games but I have not had any problems in that regard.
The tutorial could be improved a little he by adding some information about using the cards. I have the physical game and was able to find the explanation I needed.
I enjoy the game and expect to play it often.
Update helped a lot
I used to have the same problems as everyone else with the game saves and glitches. However, since the last update, things are much better. I like that they are reading the feedback and making improvements.
The game itself is great, but multiplayer has issues on my ipad air. No way to save an online game, which is a major problem for a game that can take over an hour to play. If your connection is lost or you get bumped out of the game for some reason, then your online multiplayer game is over.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 16, 2013
- Version: 1.1.1
- Size: 111 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- © 2014 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich; © Catan GmbH, www.catan.de
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.