Rivals for Catan
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Be the Prince or Princess of Catan and decide on the fate of its settlers!
This exciting Catan card game challenges you to rule a realm on Catan. Construct cities and settlements, build ships and roads, and hire heroes to outplay your opponents!
Three different game modes provide varied challenges:
- An easy-to-play introductory game, ‘The First Catanians’ is exclusively played with the cards of the basic set and using simple rules. The ideal way to get started with the game!
- Theme set games represent new eras on Catan, adding numerous cards to the game: Make clever use of trade advantages and the opportunities of cards like the university or the pharmacy to achieve domination over Catan!
- The ‘Duel of the Princes’ is the most advanced game mode: it is played with cards from all theme sets, offering even more strategic and tactical possibilities, thus providing some truly sophisticated games.
- Based on the original card game by the creator of Catan, Klaus Teuber
- Exciting two-player duels
- Three game modes with various difficulties
- Numerous AI opponents with different personalities and tactics provide varied challenges
- Online and local multiplayer modes (online multiplayer via Apple Game Center)
- Based on the rules of the comprehensive, revised edition of the Catan card game
- Including Cards Almanac for easy reference and comprehensive tutorials to get started
Questions or suggestions for improvements:
Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your feedback!
Please do not ask your questions in the reviews as we do not have the possibility to respond to you there.
For more information on news and updates:
or visit us on www.facebook.com/UnitedSoftMedia and on twitter.com/USM_News
What's New in Version 1.3.0
Thank you very much for your feedback on version 1.2! Update 1.3 includes many of your suggestions as well as numerous improvements in various details:
- The help sections has been updated and extended: In addition to tutorial and almanac you can now browse a comprehensive reference of the games rules and turn sequence as well as strategy tips for all game modes!
- Game-flow optimization: Most notifications have been moved from popups to ticker messages. All cards and events that cause a fixed gain or loss of resources are now applied automatically.
- Get an even better view of even the largest principalities in the game with the improved zoom-function
Further improvements and fixes:
- Status bar is now correctly hidden in all iOS versions
- Game Center improvements
- Corrected implementation of the game rules in some edge cases
- Optimized card almanac layout and scaling
- Various smaller tweaks and optimizations
So many bugs and crashes!!
I like the normal card game so much, and I've thought, that the iOS version would be as good as the normal card mode, but I'm disappointed. I can end totally about 1 game from 5. There are a lot of crashes in the game. While I'm just building something, and during that I want to see an another building's requirements, it crashes inmediately. The cards remains marked, and I can't even do anything! And there are a lot of times, when I have to cancel my play, and then, when I want to continue that (previous) game, I get an error message: "Unfortunately, the savegame could not be loaded", and the whole current game losts! And that is very annoying. The online game is unplayeble, the should be a normal online function like in the normal catan game, not only that primitive Game-center mode. And there should be the expansion sets called Age of Darkness and Age of Enlightenment in the game at least as in-app purchases!
I hope USM will fix these crashes, because I didn't pay $4 for the crashes and bugs, I pay for a good and playable game!
Fix the bugs!
Love the card game---so annoyed by online version. Could be great if they FIX THE BUGS! Crashes. Freezes. The worst is when playing a friend online. If your ipad or iPhone goes to sleep mode, boom
Kicks you out. If you tap the home screen-boom it's over. You're one card from winning and boom, it crashes. It's like playing Russian roulette on whether you can make it through. LOVE the idea of being able to play sister in law across the country, hate that it's so glitchy. Fix it and we'll be in business
No pass and play options--this would have been a great game otherwise. It took awhile to figure out a lot of the gameplay and I'm still only playing the base game. I also wish there was an option to play on easy mode or that the AI was rated as easy or hard like they are in the settlers app. I win less than half the time and that gets frustrating. (That would be irrelevant if there was pass and play because I could just trounce my sweetheart and satisfy my longing to win that way. ;)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 11, 2014
- Version: 1.3.0
- Size: 122 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: United Soft Media Verlag GmbH
- © 2014 United Soft Media Verlag GmbH, Munich; © Catan GmbH, www.catan.de
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.