RNZ (Radio New Zealand) is New Zealand’s 100% ad-free, multimedia public broadcaster. Follow the latest breaking news, listen live to your favourite RNZ radio stations, programmes and podcasts and enjoy video or audio on demand - anytime, anywhere with the new RNZ app for iPhone.
The all-new app is clear and simple to use, with bookmarking, favourites, sharing and options to personalise your experience – including a great new play queue and player.
New features and highlights:
• Get breaking news alerts, video and live coverage on a homepage news feed
• Listen live to all RNZ’s radio stations – National, Pacific and Concert - plus the latest RNZ news bulletins, live blogs and live-streamed video
• All-new build eliminates crashes and bugs and ensures audio play reliability
• Live streaming sounds better than ever
• New design is clear and simple to use
• Easily discover all RNZ’s great programmes, podcasts and series, in their entirety
• Add whole programmes, podcasts or individual audio items to your play queue for listening later or downloading for offline use
• Favourite or bookmark to ‘My RNZ’ and easily find and listen to the latest content from all your favourite radio programmes
• Listen offline without internet access
The app was designed and developed in partnership with Alphero.
If you have any feedback, a feature request, or wish to report an issue, we'd love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com.
- We fixed a bug that broke downloading audio for offline listening
- Avid users of MyRNZ on iOS 9 now get much better performance when they have large playlists.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs notification settings for types of news
News notifications are helpful but too many can be really annoying and distracting. Other news apps let you toggle which types of news are worth receiving notifications for. Like sports, regional, politics, arts, etc. I’m not a sports person and in April 2018 all these commonwealth games notifications are really working my nerves. Five stars when this improvement is rolled out!
When it works it's 5 stars
Super frustrating - recent updates are causing the app to crash at random
Frequently crashes randomly
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.