Join millions of enthusiastic road bikers tracking their tours, races and leisure rides with the Runtastic Road Bike app for iPhone. Let’s ride on together, monitor training progress and compare personal performance. And, for those of you with a bit of a competitive spirit, you can compare with your friends as well.
APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in free version)
- Track bike tours via GPS: Distance, duration, speed, elevation gain, pace, calories burned, etc.
- LIVE Tracking & Cheers: Go LIVE and show your friends where and how fast you’re cycling & let them cheer you on for more motivation
- Voice Coach: Keeps you posted on speed, distance, elevation gain, etc.
- Route search: Browse & search thousands of bike routes (available in the app and on Runtastic.com)
- Detailed illustration of your velo route including elevation profile
- Open Street Map & Open Cycle Map integration, plus Offline Maps available: Download & save maps on your iPhone to use them abroad or without internet connection
- Colored Traces (speed, elevation, climb rate, heart rate, etc.)
- Display your current rate of climb during a tour (elevation gain/minute)
- Show current grade in %
- Auto Pause: No need to manually stop & start activities during short breaks (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Wind & weather conditions
- Detailed post-tour analysis incl. time rode uphill, downhill, flat
- Cadence measurement (with Runtastic Speed & Cadence Sensor)
- Heart rate measurement (with additional hardware)
- Configure your display: You choose which values (distance, speed, elevation gain, calories burned, etc.) are shown during your rides
- Music: Create a playlist for your tours & activate your Powersong to boost motivation!
- Save your cycling activities on Runtastic.com
- Share your bike activities on Facebook, Twitter and via email
Whether you’re a beginner or a professional bike athlete, this app has everything a (road) biker could wish for!
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Runtastic Terms & Conditions: https://www.runtastic.com/in-app/iphone/appstore/terms
To make sure the app is fully functioning for you, we
- fixed a few minor bugs
- improved the app’s stability
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for road cycling
I’ve used a few different apps for tracking my rides, and typically each one has a certain feature I like about it. In my opinion, this is the best all around app for tracking your rides. Others have comlained that it drains their battery and I’ve found that you can expect you battery life to decrease by about 10%/hours, which to me is more than acceptable. It may be worse with an older phone though. All in all, great app, great features, and a great tool for cycling enthusiasts.
Amazing Free Cycling App
Have been using this app for years. Does everything you need. Ads are not intrusive. Free version has tremendous functionality.
Have tried many others. No other free app that I have tried can best this app for combination of features and ease of use. The only thing that I would like it to have is to map out bike lane routes in my area, but I use Google maps for that and run this in the background to track everything for which it does a great job.
Would Upgrade to Pro if it’s compatible with the Apple Watch
Love everything about the road bike application. It’s a motivating application, love how it keeps track of time and miles and calories. I notice if you have the pebble smart watch that you can sync your info, unfortunately I don’t own a pebble watch but an Apple Watch which i use all the time.. I wouldn’t upgrade to pro for that reason however I’m willing to if you do add that feature in the future. Besides what is a pebble watch anyway? Lol
- 63.8 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © runtastic GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.