The ROAD iD app is perfect for runners, cyclists, kids, hikers, walkers, skiers and basically anyone not glued to the couch. Get it and you’ll have safety and peace of mind in the palm of your hands.
Send an eCrumb (electronic breadcrumb)
- Allow friends or family to track you while you’re out for a run, bike, hike, ski, or just walking the dog.
- Track your child as they walk to school or ride their bike to a friend’s house.
- Notify friends and family if you stop moving with the Stationary Alert Notification.
- Contacts can track your movement from any web browser on any device. They don’t need to have the app too.
- Create a personalized Lock Screen that includes up to three ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts as well as important health information such as allergies, medical conditions and blood type.
- If you can’t speak for yourself, your ROAD iD Lock Screen will.
- Come take a look at some new stuff in the Store after your workout. We'll keep your ID looking fresh.
You can FINALLY use the "When in Use" location option. Sheesh, that was harder than we thought. Get out there and exercise!
Ratings and Reviews
Good App! But needs better watch integration
I love the app, my wife wanted to know where I was while I was on my long mountain bike rides in our large local park trials.
Easy to use and gives both of us peace of mind while I’m out. I also got the ID badge for my watch incase the worst should occur better than my ID since it list my medication allergies and health issues.
Only reason it’s not a 5 Star is the App could use some better integration with the Apple Watch. If my ride goes long the current app tells me on my Apple Watch I have 2 minutes left before my wife is texted my location signaling I need possible help. I then have to stop pull my phone out and add more time, I just wish I could do that on my watch by adding a 10 min + button.
Another cyclist told me about this app. I’ve been using it on every ride since and haven’t had any issues. Always notifies my wife when I start and successfully notified her when I stopped for five minutes. (purposely to test the app). As one who rides alone 99% of the time this app works great.
Another review mentioned battery drainage. I haven’t experienced any major drainage at all. I ran this app and MapMyRide for two hours and only lost about 5% of my battery which is nothing. Give your significant other peace of mind that you’re ok when riding alone - use this app.
Can't open the app
I upgraded to the latest version of the eCrumb tracker ( which I've recommended the app to everyone cause I loved it and it was great for my wife to keep up with where I was. Now I've gotten the upgrade...not a fan of the new logo BTW...and it will not open. At all. I've tried every trick I know and nothing happens. My wife upgraded hers and it works fine. We both use the iPhone 7.
Update: I fixed the issue by deleting the app from my phone and reinstalling it. Totally solved that problem. I’m back to the 5-star rating. Still not big on the new logo....
Developer Response ,
Whoa, that's a bummer! Would you mind sending us an email with a bit more info so we can investigate your issue please?
- Road ID Inc.
- 25.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Road ID Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.