Road Trip HD is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses. Now available for the iPad!
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Fuel economy (L/100 km, MPG, etc.)
• Fuel cost ($/L, $/Gallon)
• Cost per km ($/km, $/100 km, etc.)
• Distance per day (km/day, miles/day)
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Sync between devices. (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Tire log, including support for summer and winter tires.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Powerboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Multiple vehicle export. You can now export all vehicles at once using the iOS Share Sheet.
• Wh/mi and Wh/km units, for Tesla drivers.
• Vehicle depreciation is now displayed in its own section of the Statistics page.
• The statistics page can now display multiple units at one time, such as MPG and L/100 km. Select Graph > Options to configure.
• Search for empty fields. Enter a space into the search bar to search for records with empty or unset fields.
• Improved searching for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean text.
• Fixed bug where jerrycans were not deleted after being used.
• Jerrycans can now be partially used.
• When entering a foreign currency exchange rate, you can now enter both the foreign price and local price rather than just the exchange rate.
Ratings and Reviews
Great App and Great Developer
I've been using another app to track vehicle maintenance and fuel usage for several years. Now, that app is no longer available on the App Store and there is no support. So, I did some research and found Road Trip (MPG - iPhone, HD - iPad) to be the highest-rated of all the available comparable apps. Boy...I'm glad I did. First, I found the developer to be outstanding. I sent a help request and he responded in less than 10 minutes. Over the next couple of hours he assisted me getting the historical data for my 4 vehicles from my previously-used app imported into Road Trip. That's first-rate service! The layout of the app is nice and most importantly, the sync with Dropbox allows easy tracking of multiple vehicles on multiple IOS devices. This app and it's developer are outstanding! Buy with confidence!
Great App, but...
Love the App, been using it on my iPad for years, my only complaint is that purchase does not include the iPhone version. This makes putting in fuel and service purchases a bit of a nuisance and that I have to wait till I get home to input the data. I realise there is an iPhone version of this app, but I do not believe I should have to purchase the same app twice. A minor improvement would be a “scanning” feature to save receipts in the app for warranty purposes. Not a major issue given that I presently use Documents by Readdle to scan and save all receipts, but having a feature like that in the app would put all the vehicle information in one area.
I’ve been using this app for years to track my wife’s car and my car. It’s helped me to save money at a mechanic when they recommend a service and all I need to do is consult my iPad (or iPhone).
The downside is that the search function doesn’t touch the notes. So if you get 80,000 miles service completed, for example, you need to make a separate entry for each thing they do in order for it to pop up in search results. Since usually I go in for one thing at a time, that’s not that big of a deal for me.
- Darren Stone
- 10.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2019 Darren Stone
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.