Road Trip • MPG, Mileage and Fuel Economy
By Darren Stone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Road Trip is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.
Remember to check out Road Trip LITE and Road Trip HD, for the iPad.
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Full screen, interactive graphs.
• All key statistics and graphs on a single page.
• Cost per day, Cost per km, Moving Average.
• Maximum distance per tank.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Sync between devices. (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Distance-To-Empty Calculator.
• Tire log, including support for summer and winter tires.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Powerboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.10.1
Bug fixes for iOS 7.
Probably the best car app out there
The best car app available, I believe. That said, it's by a very slim margin. All the top car apps have very similar features and are of excellent quality. This one has its nose out in front because of its excellent statistics page. Though its crowded, the monthly and yearly and per-mile statistics I need are there. The extraordinary feature of this app is that all its many features work flawlessly, including the cloud sync. Everything works, nothing is broke or deletes data. A rare find! There are only a few weak spots. Though there are a lot of statistics, there are none on MPG per fuel grade. Even though the grade of fuel used can be specified at every fill up, nothing is done with the information. What would put the app clearly ahead of many others would be a MPG stat for Regular, and one for Mid-Grade, so I can see if the more expensive gas does something measurable. Also, the app has no cleanup function. I've used and loved it for many years now and have fuel entries going back to 2009. I would love to see a function that cleans out the fuel database and keep only the last 12 months, for example. The service history should be kept indefinitely, but there is little value to me in seeing a gas-up on 17 May 2009.
Currently, 5 stars though. I'm hopeful about future upgrades.
Excellent app for automotive expense tracking
I switched from another app which had adequate tracking of miles and fuel usage, but until I switched to Road Trip I had no idea how much data collection and metrics reporting I was missing. Road Trip has excellent data and metrics capabilities. The previous app did not have a function for export of my previous data, so I had to enter ten years of data into Road Trip by hand. I did this by first creating a csv file file in a proper text editor which was much easier than entering directly into a tiny keypad. The subsequent import via CSV file was easy because the developer designed it as a simple web interface. There was even error checking after completion which was a pleasant surprise, because nobody can enter 10+ years of data without some typing errors. Road Trip pointed out data points that it thought were anomalous, and when I went back to my hand-written logbook I was able to correct the errors.
The Ui and UX are excellent, as are the metrics reporting and display. The app also allows export of the collected data so I can use the data in other apps. The app will track not only my miles and fuel usage, but also any other regular expense or service records that I want to store. And it will do all this for more than just one vehicle.
AMAZING** MUST HAVE**WORTH$$ ***TRUCKER APPROVED**
This is by far best app on the market and not only for calculating your MPG's but all of your on road expenses, daily, monthly, yearly. I am a trucker who spends a lot of time on road driving and buying fuel this is a MUST. I do however wish there was a tab to input income but I understand this app is not for that either way it's by far best for what it does and it's worth every$. You will not be disappointed!
Update: still love the app, however when trying to install it on iPad I was asked to purchase it again? Why do I have to pay twice for the same app if I want it to use it on a different platform? Just for that I'll give u 3 stars otherwise this is a5 star app easily
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 11, 2013
- Version: 1.10.1
- Size: 2.9 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Darren Stone
- © 2008-2013 Darren Stone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.