Road Trip • MPG, Mileage and Fuel Economy
By Darren Stone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Road Trip is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.
Remember to check out Road Trip LITE and Road Trip HD for the iPad.
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Full screen, interactive graphs.
• All key statistics and graphs on a single page.
• Cost per day, Cost per km, Moving Average.
• Maximum distance per tank.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Sync between devices. (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Distance-To-Empty Calculator.
• Tire log, including support for summer and winter tires.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Powerboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 11.3
• Automatic decimal: the keypad can automatically insert the decimal when entering prices and fuel amounts.
• Background Sync: Road Trip now automatically syncs with Dropbox in the background when you launch the app.
• Simplified Dropbox setup.
• New statistics grouped by Driving Conditions and Fuel Type.
• Data can be edited directly from the Fuel, Expense, and Trip detail screens.
• The Fuel detail screen now includes the number of days between fills, as well as distance-per-day since the last fill.
• Improved support for large fonts and dynamic type.
• Bug fixes.
Thank you for your great suggestions and feedback.
If you enjoy Road Trip, please consider leaving a review in the App Store. If you have any questions or suggestions, please send us an email: email@example.com
Excellent MPG and Maintenance App
I'm a big fan of this app and its iPad partner. Sure it would have been nice to pay for one universal app, but this developer seems very dedicated to both of them and is responsive to questions and suggestions. The app is useful right out of the box, but it's also versatile enough to fully customize the maintenance schedules and gas inputs. I track MPG for different brands of gas, not just types of gas (I only use regular). I can see which brands run better in my vehicle. I also really like the trip reports, it helps my carve out my fuel vs. maintenance expenses for business trips, making my personal budgeting easier. I highly recommend checking this app out, and I have tried about 5 others. This update fixed my two minor complaints, which were auto-decimals and Dropbox syncing happening more quickly. Thanks!
This app is totally worthyhe money! It actually saved me money when I noticed I wasn't getting the mileage that I was supposed to be getting. It helps me to track what I spend on my company car and my personal car! I love the backup feature making it easy to export for review and submission to my accountant! I love it!
Best car app
This is by far the best app to track everything for your vehicle. Easy to setup for multiple vehicles, syncs between devices so my wife and I have everything updated together, quick to enter data, and finally, a beautiful interface to read all that info.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jul 09, 2015
- Version: 11.3
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Darren Stone
- © 2008-2015 Darren Stone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.