Road Trip • MPG, Mileage and Fuel Economy
By Darren Stone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Road Trip is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.
Remember to check out Road Trip LITE and Road Trip HD for the iPad.
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Full screen, interactive graphs.
• All key statistics and graphs on a single page.
• Cost per day, Cost per km, Moving Average.
• Maximum distance per tank.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Sync between devices. (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Distance-To-Empty Calculator.
• Tire log, including support for summer and winter tires.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Powerboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: email@example.com
What's New in Version 11.4
• Updated for iOS 9.
• Improved map location searching.
• Payment section added to Statistics screen.
• Support for URL launcher apps. See Vehicle Info -> Launch URLs.
Outstanding App. Outstanding Support. Replaces old friend MPG.
Road Trip is a much more modern and capable replacement for my old friend, MPG, from Catamount Software.
Before there were iPhones, I used MPG on my Palm Pilot, and maybe even on my Newton (I forget) and I loved that app, but it hasn't been updated since 2011, and after some iOS changes the data entry keyboards no longer work -- Arrrgggg.
After some less than happy trials with other vehicle expense tracking apps, I discovered Road Trip, and after being frustrated trying to export my years of data from MPG into something Road Trip could digest by myself, I emailed Darren Stone. He offered to convert my old MPG files, so I sent them off. The converted files were back in less than 24 hours, and functioned flawlessly with no apparent loss of data -- Now that's SUPPORT!
Road Trip has capabilities far beyond MPG, which I am slowly exploring.
Road trip is one of the best apps you can get for your car. It even works with fleet vehicles!!!
Road trip is a great app for tracking your fuel and maintenance costs. You can see how much is going into a car and how it relates to its fuel consumption. If you did a tuneup and recorded it in the app it will show you how much it cost and you will notice the fuel usage drop. Over a year it will factor in everything and tell you how much it cost to use your vehicle. If your to busy to enter in all the info but you just want to enter in your fuel and mileage info it will show you how much per mile your car uses and you will still see the drop in miles per gallon as if you had entered the tuneup info. Overall I like and use this app on my personal vehicles as well as my fleet vehicles.
Dumped Gas Cubby too!
I too dumped gas cubby after a long haul. After plenty of searching and hesitation of the price, I downloaded this and I wished I would have long ago. Just follow the directions with the download tool if you want to transfer records, and then you have to put your service schedules back in manually, it works great! Like anything else you have to look around the app to see what's there and it's plenty. I can't think of anything that it left out, covers everything. You can either backup through email or download the free Dropbox app. Just follow the instructions and read some of the other reviews how to transfer gas cubby to here. You won't be sorry. It has a great user manual too.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 02, 2015
- Version: 11.4
- Size: 8.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Darren Stone
- © 2008-2015 Darren Stone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.