Road Trip • MPG, Mileage and Fuel Economy
By Darren Stone
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Road Trip is the fastest and easiest app for tracking of your car’s fuel economy, maintenance history, and expenses.
Remember to check out Road Trip LITE and Road Trip HD for the iPad.
"There’s a ton of MPG apps on the App Store but Road Trip is the best because of its amazingly dense summary screen and its best in class fuel entry screen."
— Jason D. O'Grady, zdnet.com
"The most comprehensive road travel app of them all, Road Trip allows you to track mileage, fuel prices, graph out trip expenses, and even export the data to CSV"
— Ben Parr, mashable.com
"The part we like the most is the cool graph that shows fuel costs and average mpg over time. And it lets you look at the cost per day to keep those wheels turning."
— Car and Driver Magazine
Road Trip will…
• Track your fuel economy and fuel costs.
• Track your maintenance history.
• Track and compare your vacations and trip costs.
• Remind you when regular maintenance is due.
• Prevent expensive premature maintenance.
• Show you how much money you spend on your car.
• Mileage and fuel economy tracking.
• Service and repair log, with service reminders.
• Expense tracking.
• Trip tracking and reporting.
• Comprehensive statistics.
• Full international support (Metric, US, and Imperial units).
• Unlimited number of vehicles.
• Full screen, interactive graphs.
• All key statistics and graphs on a single page.
• Cost per day, Cost per km, Moving Average.
• Maximum distance per tank.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Automatic backup to Dropbox.
• Sync between devices. (iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad)
• Tripmeter or Odometer distance entry.
• Partial fill-ups, Same-day fill-ups, and Missed fill-ups.
• Currency Conversion.
• Geo-tagging and mapping.
• Searching and filtering.
• Jerrycan Fuel Tracking.
• Trip Cost Calculator.
• Distance-To-Empty Calculator.
• Tire log, including support for summer and winter tires.
• Distance correction for inaccurate odometers.
• Monthly and Yearly distance and cost estimates.
• Trip Computer Logging (fuel economy, average speed, temperature)
• Graphs for comparing MPG vs. Fuel Type, Driving Conditions, Average Speed, and Temperature.
• Import and Export CSV
• Electric vehicle tracking (in kW.h)
• Home electricity tracking (in kW.h)
• Powerboat tracking (in Hours)
Lots more information and screen shots on the website:
Questions? Suggestions? We want to hear from you!
Email us: email@example.com
What's New in Version 11.2
Road Trip for iPhone:
• Resizable data entry screen on iPhone 6/6+. Allows for easier one-handed operation.
• "Wi-Fi Only" option for automatic Dropbox sync.
• Multiple fuel entries may now be recorded with the same odometer value.
• Vehicles can be archived and deleted directly from the Vehicles List.
• Vehicles List can be displayed by swiping from the left edge of the screen.
• Added "kW.h" trip computer options for electric vehicles.
• Bug fixes.
Road Trip HD for iPad:
• All new design for iOS 7 and iOS 8.
• Statistics separated by Fuel Type and Driving Conditions.
Thank you for all of the great feedback and suggestions we've received! Your feedback and reviews help us improve Road Trip.
Invaluable service reminders
Before this app I was always forgetting oil changes and other important recurring services. Now I just put in the type of service, which the app suggests even, and the reminder time and or mileage. For most common services, the app suggests the reminder occurrences! When you start the app if service for that vehicle is due, it gives you a reminder and puts a red dot by the vehicle and on the Expenses icon at the bottom. I can't say enough good things about this app. I'd like to explain all the features, but the character count on this Review box would overflow! Overall, I can't think of a single vehicle datum that this app doesn't track and provide accurate and graphical reports on. I have 5 years of MPG, services, etc. for my Civic on here and it shows an accurate account of how much it costs me to drive it! Automatic Dropbox backup and email export is included which secures all this data. Second best app I ever bought! The first is Sleep Cycle–try it!
Most valuable app purchased
Roadtrip is "that one app" I bought years ago and still use to this day. Can't say enough good things. The author continues to make great improvements to the app, adding functionality and sprucing up the interface.
Some cars have fancy trip computers (mine does not). Those computers are generally reserved for very expensive cars, and can't go back over time to show you how much it is costing to operate your car. They also don't let you take that data with you - ie to your computer to further analyze.
Road trip takes less than 20 seconds to put in your odometer, price/gal, and fuel amount. After a while you can start to see your actual MPG over time, not just what the sticker promised. Roadtrip gives me over 80k miles of fuel and maintenance information at my finger tips.
Perfect App for tracking Vehicle Expenses
I have used many other MPG apps and used Gas Cubby for years and have been disappointed that it hadn't been updated with support for new phones and iOS8.
I read the reviews for this app and it is absolutely perfect. The customization is fantastic and if detail-oriented, it has everything you need. This app has been meticulously designed by someone who really understands all the needs and options you would want in tracking vehicle expenses.
And this app is made by an independent developer - Happy to pay for this premium experience to support them.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 20, 2014
- Version: 11.2
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Darren Stone
- © 2008-2014 Darren Stone
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.